Scott Matzka diagnosed with ALS

Devil94

A very big well done to Neil Francis, Sully, Todd and everyone else involved to organise such a fantastic couple of days, and well done everyone who has donated in some way, that is a fantastic amount raised.

Stuu and Weller looked like they've never stopped playing. Unreal. Might be worth keeping them in town for a few extra days in case we have some injuries before the weekend...
Anyone know where Bentivoglio was tonight? Is he injured?

rocketbob

Benti was around the bench, just not dressed. Not sure why. Fingers crossed it is nothing to be worried about.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

proud to be a devils fan after the great turnout last night for scott and family, well done to all the organizers out there and to you the devils family. GREAT NIGHT.

rocketbob

I was there last night but would still love to have a DVD of the event. Happy to contribute further to the Matzka cause to purchase such a DVD if it becomes available.

Did i hear right at the end of the game. Did Franny say we had raised between £35k-40k? If that is right well done to everybody that has contributed (wheres the clappy smilee when you want one):)
Pretty sure that is what he said yes, and that was before the auction, where the first few Matzka jerseys (until we had to leave) were being bought for about £400 apiece, so I'm sure there'll be a good few more grand to add to the total :)

Last edited:

osh

So glad I was able to attend last night's tribute to Scott Matzka. Huge congratulations to everyone ( too numerous to mention ) who undertook the organising of all events associated with raising both funds and the awareness of ALS. A fantastic gesture by Richie for foregoing his testimonial, no doubt we as fans can make up for that next season. Great to see so many ex players back in Cardiff who travelled near and far to honour Scott ( not only from across the pond, but I understand Sam Smith flew in from Dubai !! ) I also understand Tyler Michel even missed his daughter's birthday in order to pay tribute. It was also brilliant to see other Elite teams pay their respects to Scott and let's not forget Finners part in arranging a very successful golf day which raised a considerable amount also.
The World record team gave us a sample of just how good they still are, most are probably playing at least some sort of rec hockey to keep in shape.
I'm hoping that Lord would have had a quiet word with Craig Weller as to the possibility of him perhaps signing for us in the event of cover for any injuries in the new year. He skates so effortlessly and still has great hands, he would still be able to play to a high standard in my opinion, anyway, we live in hope eh ?
Finally, it must have taken great courage from both Scott and his wife to attend with smiles on their faces. They both conducted themselves with such dignity and passion on such an emotional night. I have nothing but huge admiration for the Matzka family and delighted that their time in Cardiff and the friends they made meant so much to them which was so evident last night.

Milky

What a truly inspirational night.

I know we don't always agree with each other and disagree many times but it was fantastic to see us all come together and support Scott and his family. I feel privileged to be part of the Cardiff Devils family.

On another note, somebody please get onto Craig Weller asap. How good is he still!!!!!!! I'd have him on our team now every day of the week. Was great to see both him and Vother giggling like school kids after Brad tried checking him and bounced off:)

Devil_Abroad

I was there last night but would still love to have a DVD of the event. Happy to contribute further to the Matzka cause to purchase such a DVD if it becomes available.

Those that bought the Icetime TV deal will have access to it now too therefore I suggest you ping a tweet their way and ask if it's possible to pay now for it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

To be fair for once the booing was pretty light hearted, the two blokes shouting "we love you ryan" and the other "no we dont!!" Had me in stitches, and finers was laughing along as well.