Dave Simms

Jones72

Don't know what he's done now...but I've long held the view that he is UK hockey's very own Donald Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

Just some casual homophobia. Nothing else. Nothing to see here. Let's just gloss over it!
Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

How the hell is this guy still employed by the steelers, others in sport have been given p45s for similar remarks, ie ...andy gray, richard keyes, ron atkinson, has he got something on the steelers or tony smith we dont know about, makes me wonder....

E.D.S.

If a fan has said it they'd be banned from the rink for good. As some of the Steelers pointed out.... if they'd said something like that in work they'd be sacked. Just makes no sense. My detest for the man is probably clouding my judgement here but you just don't mess around with race, sexuality or sexism. Surely he knows that.

It's not only Simms telling security over the PA speakers to remove two men chosen on the kiss cam, but also the several previous Twitter comments using terms that are not acceptable in our society. He has come very close to the mark with these views, if he was an employee he'd be severally dealt with I'm sure, but it's the Steelers, so unless his comments in future become illegal I'm sure he will remain in his position.

terry hunt

Thread starter #9
It's not only Simms telling security over the PA speakers to remove two men chosen on the kiss cam, but also the several previous Twitter comments using terms that are not acceptable in our society. He has come very close to the mark with these views, if he was an employee he'd be severally dealt with I'm sure, but it's the Steelers, so unless his comments in future become illegal I'm sure he will remain in his position.
Well Tony Smith is said to have bigger ambitions than just the EIHL so this could well be a serious issue

ASHIPP

One blunder too far now, surely? His history with British ice hockey is punctuated with embarrassing gaffs -whether it be on his own Twitter account or 'on duty' representing the Steelers. The fact that he is incapable of understanding that those comments could possibly offend anyone demonstrates his ignorance.

We've read what fans think around the league, ice hockeywebsites and journalists picking up on the story,.....wonder what the Steelers' sponsors think and Elite League representatives think?

The hard work achieved by clubs this year to heighten the profile of British ice hockey (Panthers winning Continental Cup; Giants hosting World Qualifiers; Devils and other attracting top European clubs to play here) is being undermined by unprofessionalism like this.

Jones72

One of the biggest lessons to be learned in life as we grow up is when to speak...and when it's actually better to just shut the "hell" up.

It would seem that Dave Simms never learned that lesson.

What an absolute tool.

ASHIPP

Is it correct that the idiotic estate agent was still carrying out match night responsibilities in Sheffield tonight?

Something is wrong or rotten up there.

kettdevil1

......rally not happy with him tonight.... Bowns is on the ice, clearly in trouble and he gets on the mic encouraging the crowd in a chant. Maybe this is old fashioned but when ANY player is injured I believe that you should shut up, lower the volume of the music and wait till he is back on his feet before resuming your normal activities. Classless.

I thought it was the Dave Simms show with Ice Hockey in between. No clock for two periods gave him added opportunity to talk, and hell did he talk...and talk....and talk. He even talks when the game in in motion. Wonder how much he has to practice to get that good at being a 1st Class Asshole?

Steelers deserved the win tonight....hope Bowns is OK. Once again we allowed a team to push us around and didn't do much to protect Bowns or Murdy. They also seemed to crack on Denny tonight ( or is that Dennis as Simmsey insisted on calling him)

pjj365

......rally not happy with him tonight.... Bowns is on the ice, clearly in trouble and he gets on the mic encouraging the crowd in a chant. Maybe this is old fashioned but when ANY player is injured I believe that you should shut up, lower the volume of the music and wait till he is back on his feet before resuming your normal activities. Classless.
We were chanting Bownsy whilst he was down so maybe he got confused or was looking at the clock (I'll take my tounge out of my cheek now) . Anyway very few steelers fans joined him so credit to them

Also anyone notice that he tried to get Steelers fans singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot - no controversial band wagon too remote to jump on. Again no support