How important are we

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Having just listened to Lord’os interview after Sunday’s game, he mentions just how important we are to the cause of being number 1. Sunday’s atmosphere was a bit flat,and players feel those vibes, being possibly the noisiest crowd in the league a slight minus in volume feels like a lot. Now obviously we feed of the way our lads are performing, that’s a natural response but only in part, these players also need to feed of us, it’s what we fans bring to match night, that makes a 5ft 10in Player feel like he is a 6ft 10in player, that atmosphere that makes players feel like real stars, that atmosphere that makes players feel like they could burst through a brick wall, it’s a two way process, we need our lads to get us on the edge of our seats, and these boys need us to energise and push them that extra yard. One common target ( to be the best ), and together we are one tough act to even match, never mind beat. So we need them, and they need us, what better time to raise the roof in our gaff than Fri/ Sun, let the boys leave it all on the ice, and let us leave it all off the ice. There’s never been a better time to be a Devils fan.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Leighton

bang on!!!!

if we can replicate the CC semi 2nd leg atmos there wont be a roof left on the arena by sunday night!

From where i sit in B19 all the noise seems to come from the opposite ends of the arena and me and mrs w find it quite frustrating, we'll do our bit!!!!

Too many fans thinking it's already in the bag perhaps or expecting wins every night? Definitely felt a bit flat last night. For me most if not all of the atmosphere is being generated by just a few blocks, 7-9 in my opinion. The rest of the building needs to get on board. Also the addition of Wi-Fi to the IAW has been welcomed by some however the kid I was sat next to last night was on his phone for the whole game. That's definitely not going to help.

U can’t win can u lol..
We all wanted WiFi so we can tx home for a lift or check bus times or even scores at the end of each period..

The thing is this is not gunna happen. People will be on there Facebook/Twitter taking pics of themselves and doing what they normally do and not be interested in the game at all.

Then the atmosphere will be flat and only minority of people will be chanting etc all game

august04

I don’t think we can blame the WiFi for it being quiet last night, it wasn’t working on my side of the arena after about 10 minutes! I didn’t think the atmosphere was that bad either last night, it’s been a lot quieter than that in many games this season.

Kevlar68

I must be one of a very small number who hate wifi in public areas. The only thing that's important enough for me to get my phone out of my pocket is if i get an emergency call or to take a picture, anything else can wait till i'm home.
Just out of interest, why would wifi be needed?
We're watching the game that's on the ice, other games scores get shown on Devils screens, surely that's all you need at a game if your going to support your team isn't it? Your not going there to spend the 3 periods on facebook, snapchat etc etc. While your looking at your phone your taken out of the atmosphere and may miss a goal or important call.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Thread starter #9
Think we should get away from the Wi Fi thing, that’s not what game night is about, we are talking about Hockey here, not flipping wi fi. God why does that word have to take over everything. Bugger the bloody internet for 2/3 hrs in your life. Forget the people who can’t forget it for 5 mins, it’s about getting behind our lads, that thing thats called reality. Please can we keep the focus on the subject, How important are we. We are only as good as our team, and they are only as good as us. Titles will only be won by clubs who are together, and for 2 seasons we have been just that. It’s a great time to be a Devils fan
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Gaz G

I think Lordo is bang out of order asking the fans to cheer the boys on. How can the fans do that when the club only offer the season ticket holders a fiver back for games they can't get to!!!!

Kevlar68

Reading through the threads on the forum some posts seem complacent that its in the bag and that if the Devils aren't winning big then its been a bad game.
I myself have seen that during games. If it isn't going our way a majority go quiet and i have heard people around me with negative attitudes. This is poor in my opinion. Its your team, your passion, not there just for the victories.
We are there as the fire behind the heat, the intimidation like a enforcer to the opposition, our voices raise a player when down, adds a adrenalin rush when on a high. We can't just be vocal when on top, you have to be vocally positive through all 3 periods

Wannabe2

Thread starter #13
Reading through the threads on the forum some posts seem complacent that its in the bag and that if the Devils aren't winning big then its been a bad game.
I myself have seen that during games. If it isn't going our way a majority go quiet and i have heard people around me with negative attitudes. This is poor in my opinion. Its your team, your passion, not there just for the victories.
We are there as the fire behind the heat, the intimidation like a enforcer to the opposition, our voices raise a player when down, adds a adrenalin rush when on a high. We can't just be vocal when on top, you have to be vocally positive through all 3 periods
Bloody spot on

august04

It’s very rare that you can artificially create an atmosphere. In my experience, it just happens. Fans feed off the players and vice versa. Blame the other teams for not being good enough, or the Devils for being too good (!) - but despite what anyone within the club says, the league title is in the bag and has been for weeks. I’ve seen enough of the opposition to know that they are not going to win out until the end of the league campaign and the Devils are too strong to implode (plus most of our remaining games are at home). I’m being entertained during most games now and quite happy being comfortable prospective league winners in a quieter rink than it being neck and neck, squeaky bum time down the stretch in a better atmosphere IAW.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #15
So why can’t we generate that atmosphere in celebration of being the best team in the league, surely being the best should be good enough to show our lads, we are behind them 1000%. We were on the Dark Side of the Moon for many seasons, let’s now celebrate coming in from the cold. After all it’s bloody freezing out there.

Kevlar68

I'm fired up before the game even starts and play every play with the players, the game has never dictated the way i support, i support positively no matter what. That what giving support means. When someone or a team are down you support them to lift them. So we as supporters shouldn't be down cause the players aren't playing to potential, we are there to then support those players and change their mental frame of mind not add burden to them by being fed up and quiet.

august04

So why can’t we generate that atmosphere in celebration of being the best team in the league, surely being the best should be good enough to show our lads, we are behind them 1000%. We were on the Dark Side of the Moon for many seasons, let’s now celebrate coming in from the cold. After all it’s bloody freezing out there.
Sold out games well in advance show the team and the club that the fans are behind them. I don’t know the answer as to why the atmospheres aren’t electric week in week out. They weren’t at WNIR or every week at the BBT either. We remember the good old days and think it was bedlam every week but in reality it wasn’t. As I said before, the best atmospheres at games just happen, they can’t be forced or premeditated in my opinion. I’ve been to so many games where you think it’s going to be brilliant but it's dead and the reverse scenario also.

As someone said atmosphere is made by both players and fans. One big shift, one big hit, one clever play, perceived unfair calls, these all generate the atmosphere. For me personally it' getting to that nervous time of year no matter how close we are until it ours in our hands there will be nerves and this can effect atmosphere.

Yes sold out arenas are brilliant, but the make up of the fans can effect atmosphere, be it newbies, oldies and those who may not cheer and whoop but join in clapping to those who just wanna watch the game. Everyone has their way og watching and getting involved in games.

The atmosphere generated at the challenge cup semi final can be put down to us the fans almost feeling that it' a step to far, nothing to lose, then one goal goes in then the next it builds up.

For me no one is wrong for how they support their team whether you are jumping up and down or quietly sitting there engrossed they are equal supports.

drainage

I think Lordo is bang out of order asking the fans to cheer the boys on. How can the fans do that when the club only offer the season ticket holders a fiver back for games they can't get to!!!!
If they re sold tickets they absolutely wouldn’t be in rink to cheer .....seen plenty of fans selling ST outside of buy back no one being forced to re sell via Devils so cannot equate atmosphere or lack off with ST re sale