Devils Vs Panthers - Sun 12th Aug - Aladdin Cup Final showdown!!

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
What with all the excitement of new Cafe proprietors and new bar prices, we almost forgot. But theres only bloomin hockey in Cardiff tonight. Panthers took the Devils to a hard fought tie last night in lace city so it’s all to play for tonight with one of the most highly reguarded cups in hockey history ‘The Aladdin Cup’ on the line for the victor

I cannot wait for this game, even more so now with the result from last night. It's always nice for a win but when the game is really close it's way more exciting. Same again tonight boyos

Devil_Abroad

New guys are a treat. They all bring something different. The time Linglet and Hedden have on the puck is insane. Dixon chases and hits everything.

Can someone relate the SOG on the Panthers netman please and when/if their is a change so I can note on my game stats please.
Any assist on Pithers goal in the first.(these details are not coming through in Nottm as yet.)Ta.

I only have to pester people on these stats from Challenge games.So only asking on this one occasion if someone can help.

Devils86

Started off ok - can see that the new guys will tear up this league. Just lacking the chemistry and bite that comes with proper matches.

Will need to be a hell of a lot sharper for CHL obviously but for a first weekend back not that bad. Panthers clinical left us chasing the game.

Don’t start the doom and gloom already for god sake..

Only a week ago everyone said we look amazing this plays class this plays the dogs bollox. Now I’m reading it’s terrible not worth watching etc.

Devils86

Don’t start the doom and gloom already for god sake..

Only a week ago everyone said we look amazing this plays class this plays the dogs bollox. Now I’m reading it’s terrible not worth watching etc.
Don’t think anybody had said terrible or not worth watching. Disappointing result yes, but can see that this season will be full of quality.

Plenty of cause for optimism

OJLloyd

Won’t lose too much sleep over Pre-Season games.

A couple of errors, and a seriously good Garnett, meant we didn’t look great at times.

First period we were dominant (except for the first 38 seconds when they scored) but just couldn’t get the puck in to the net.

There was some very nice interplay between both new and old players. Occasional glimpses of sheer magic from Blood, Linglet and Dixon were mixed in with some lovely build up play.

Im not sure what the shots on goal total was for the first, but it was clear who the busiest goaltender was.

The second was a bit more disjointed, with different lines being tested. However it did mean more ice time for Rutkis who looks like a serious player. Given possible injury news it may be that he sees a lot more ice time with us to start the year out than expected.

Unfortunately some obvious rust and perhaps some tactical issues showed, and defensively the lack of distinct units due to playing different combos meant there was some expected miscommunications and errors.

Lovely assist from the linesman’s foot for a Panthers breakaway goal which saw the game put to bed in earnest, but a good physical outing which should give us plenty to work on and a good hit out for the lungs for some of the guys who were in heavy rotation.

Tonight no Myers, Faryna or Martin, with Linglet not making an appearance towards the end as previously mentioned. Bowns was in all game, except for the empty netter (obviously).

Hedd Wyn John

The Devils started off well but couldn’t nail the power play & were sloppy in a few areas. It’s their first game back so being rusty is expected. Panthers D was solid & more clinical on the PP.