Devils Vs Storm - Sat 6 Oct - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils only have the one game this weekend against the Storm, and our first look at them this season.

mjh

Disappointed with Storm this year. They’ve been poor. I predict 6-0 Devils. Linglet to get 3 points and Pope to score.

Devils were always gunna win that looked so easy again.

2 bad things though.
Blood needs to stop diving its embarrassing.

Linglet has had enough chances now hes pissingg me right off.
He keeps giving the puck away at times its like hes doing it on purpose amd this has hapemed all season.

Devils86

Devils were always gunna win that looked so easy again.

2 bad things though.
Blood needs to stop diving its embarrassing.

Linglet has had enough chances now hes pissingg me right off.
He keeps giving the puck away at times its like hes doing it on purpose amd this has hapemed all season.
Agreed that Blood is a level above most D men in the EIHL and needs to (at times) focus on the simple things - if he then (when appropriate) wants to show what he can do in the attacking third or drop the gloves then fine. But D duties first.

As for Linglet...no. Chuck would never just give it away as you suggest - it’s just his mind is wired differently and it’s taking a while for him to get used to us and for us to get up to his level.

One thing however is that Chuck does need to start realising how much better he is - and that he can score a shed load in the EIHL.

Onwards boys! Good stuff

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

I tell you what Storms skating looked really strong today but they just couldn’t shoot for sugar. Don’t get me wrong the Devils were well deserved winners but 3 or 4 times storm fluffed strong chances in front of the net.

BostonBart22

I tell you what Storms skating looked really strong today but they just couldn’t shoot for sugar. Don’t get me wrong the Devils were well deserved winners but 3 or 4 times storm fluffed strong chances in front of the net.
And when they did shoot Bowns was at his best yet again, some class saves kept the score as it was...

A naff scrappy game that didn't really get going but that's another 2 points in the bag, i actually thought the Devils looked tired possibly from the trip to Dundee in the week which doesn't bode well for going to Vaxjo but these CHL games don't really mean anything now

Slartibartfast

I was pretty impressed with the Storm. Yes they missed a few opportunities but that was mainly due to some amazing saves from Bownsy. They have a pretty strong offence and their defence and goal tending was good also. It took some very special goals from Pope to beat them.

Speaking of Pope, I said at the end of last season that we may see the best of him this season and he is proving me right. He is on fire. I have been tempted to criticise him recently for not passing but his hatrick last night told me to keep my mouth shut.

Its great to see Blood coming forward and getting goals to compliment his solid defensive work.

All in all that was a solid performance by the Devils against one of the best teams I have seen play us so far. If they looked mediocre that was because the Devils made them look that way.

osh

A relatively straight forward win in the end. Bowns made some exceptional saves and we will really need to tighten up our defence on Tuesday against a much faster skating team. Storm will turn over a good few teams this season especially on their own small pad if they manage to go a couple of goals ahead. I feel we skated within ourselves last night, that is no disrespect intended to Storm, but let’s not forget they only had three lines available so I felt we would gain the advantage as the game progressed. A nice hat trick from Pope.

august04

We’ve been pretty good at keeping teams to the outside so far this season but I thought we gave Storm far too many good chances tonight. If Pope hadn’t got the hat trick, Bowns was my man of the match. I thought he made some superb saves from close range with traffic around the net. I’m hoping we can get that D man in soon. Not a particularly memorable game but another 2 points in the bag.

Pondlife

Did anyone else struggle to read the names and numbers off the Storm jerseys yesterday? I don't think my eyesight has deteriorated that much over the summer but last night I couldn't identify anyone from storm with the exception of Hammond.

Earnie

The names on their shirts were indeed difficult to make out.The size of the lettering was small and I suppose colour definitions were not the best so I am with you on this Pondlife.

The recent games are proving we are too good, if ever there was such a thing.

We are barely out of second gear and teams are hardly giving us a game. I expected a physical game against Manchester, but they sat back and didn’t forecheck - almost as if showing us too much respect. They didn’t want to be picked off by us, which would’ve happened even more than it did already.

As great as it is being top dog, the defensive strategies deployed against us are making it a little tedious at times. Nothing Lord can do, and absolute credit to him and Kelman, they’ve created a beast with this club.

Hedd Wyn John

The recent games are proving we are too good, if ever there was such a thing.

We are barely out of second gear and teams are hardly giving us a game. I expected a physical game against Manchester, but they sat back and didn’t forecheck - almost as if showing us too much respect. They didn’t want to be picked off by us, which would’ve happened even more than it did already.

As great as it is being top dog, the defensive strategies deployed against us are making it a little tedious at times. Nothing Lord can do, and absolute credit to him and Kelman, they’ve created a beast with this club.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves Nottingham beat us the other day & are current league leaders. There’s a very long way to go this season.

jimmy snels

thought the game was well controlled by devils. popes shooting accuracy was eagle eyed!
not great watch blood diving all the time agreed. love his play, not need for the gamesmanship.

was expecting manchester to get stuck into us. was almost disappointed they didnt although with the refs giving nonsense penalties constantly i guess they couldnt afford to