Ice Hockey betting

Thread starter #1
I quite enjoy betting on the EIHL games. Sky Bet and Betfair both seem to cover the games.

I only bet a few quid, but the odds are often quite good - perhaps because it’s a minority sport and bookies don’t understand the significance of something like an injured import goalie or a bus trip from Scotland to Cardiff on the day of a game.

I aim to pick maybe 3 games to get between 8-1 and 12-1. Makes for decent returns if you stick a fiver on it.

I thought the following looked quite good -

1. Fife to beat Guildford at home by +1.5 goals I.e to win by 2 goals or more. Given that teams who are 1 goal behind often ship an ENG, this is often worth looking at to increase odds. Also, long journey up to Fife from Surrey.

2. Nottingham to beat Sheffield by +1.5 goals. I know Sheffield have a new coach, which often helps, but Nottingham are strong and will be desperate to ensure they beat their main rivals. Sheffield are leaking goals too.

3. Devils to beat Dundee by +2.5 goals. Long bus journey down, and Dundee look poor. I’m expecting Devils to score 5 or more goals and i can’t see Dundee getting more than a couple.

Odds for that triple were 11.22-1. Didn’t seem bad to me.

I didn’t fancy the Coventry v Manchester game so left it out of the bet.

I’ll look stupid if none of them come in(!), but I thought I’d share my bet. If anyone else has any interesting tips, please feel free to share them on here.

Tommy

kingmo19.1

I quite enjoy betting on the EIHL games. Sky Bet and Betfair both seem to cover the games.

I only bet a few quid, but the odds are often quite good - perhaps because it’s a minority sport and bookies don’t understand the significance of something like an injured import goalie or a bus trip from Scotland to Cardiff on the day of a game.

I aim to pick maybe 3 games to get between 8-1 and 12-1. Makes for decent returns if you stick a fiver on it.

I thought the following looked quite good -

1. Fife to beat Guildford at home by +1.5 goals I.e to win by 2 goals or more. Given that teams who are 1 goal behind often ship an ENG, this is often worth looking at to increase odds. Also, long journey up to Fife from Surrey.

2. Nottingham to beat Sheffield by +1.5 goals. I know Sheffield have a new coach, which often helps, but Nottingham are strong and will be desperate to ensure they beat their main rivals. Sheffield are leaking goals too.

3. Devils to beat Dundee by +2.5 goals. Long bus journey down, and Dundee look poor. I’m expecting Devils to score 5 or more goals and i can’t see Dundee getting more than a couple.

Odds for that triple were 11.22-1. Didn’t seem bad to me.

I didn’t fancy the Coventry v Manchester game so left it out of the bet.

I’ll look stupid if none of them come in(!), but I thought I’d share my bet. If anyone else has any interesting tips, please feel free to share them on here.

Tommy
Looking promising at the moment for you.

Well to be honest we all made that look easy we all predicted the bets so we all win money!!! Make the most of it it don’t happen a lot lol. Well done tommy devil and ger devil :)

How much did you stake??

Ger-Devils

I cashed out on a football bet this afternoon as one team were letting me down so £8 on it and won via a panthers PP with 30 seconds left but would have happened earlier if Philips didn’t trip on the breakaway.

I wouldn’t always bet on hockey to be honest. Had a win the other week but probably do 3/4 more through the year unless a team are playing a backup and many injuries.

matbur

I love betting on the NHL, I only do small stakes just for the fun of it but bet most nights.

I find the EIHL a bit too unpredictable so don't tend to bet on it much.

Thread starter #10
Today’s bet -
Devils to beat Steelers by 2 goals or more
Fife to beat Panthers - second away game in two days for Nottingham
Belfast to beat MK by 2 goals or more.

Just under 7-1.

Becomes 17-1 if you add Braehead to beat Coventry at home.