Signings

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
I'm not 100% sure how signings work in the EIHL but are the contracts worth anything?

I was only wondering because of Ben Blood signing (great player).

With the team we have now looking pretty solid (with a couple of additions) is it worth tying some of the players down now ready for next season? or are the contracts worthless if players can just move on after signing?

And who would you like signed out of current roster before the end of the playoffs?

pjj365

I'm not 100% sure how signings work in the EIHL but are the contracts worth anything?

I was only wondering because of Ben Blood signing (great player).

With the team we have now looking pretty solid (with a couple of additions) is it worth tying some of the players down now ready for next season? or are the contracts worthless if players can just move on after signing?

And who would you like signed out of current roster before the end of the playoffs?
Don't know about all contracts but believe in EIHL some are on 2 weeks notice others longer

Blood must have been a longer one as the club announced they had been compensated for the early termination

So maybe not totally worthless

Earnie

How many times have we been here ?
As long as we do not at this stage discuss and compare the merits ,or otherwise, of individual players.

James

Administrator
It wouldnt be the first time we get signings at this point of the season either. Its been quite common at the start of the season ticket sales in an attempt to drive them. Usually its the coach :)

Kevlar68

Thread starter #6
Is this a good time to talk about who we would like to stay, and who could go, just asking.
Didn't ask for who to go, i meant to get signed now from our current roster so we definitely have them for next season before they get poached, surely people would like to see say someone like Linglet sign again knowing we have him for 2019/20 season. It's an innocent positive post.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Thread starter #8
Ok let me put it another way.

If Mario Lemieux (retired) when he was playing could have been signed as soon as possible before the end season would that be better knowing you have him for the next season rather than waiting till the season ends and maybe getting poached?

I myself would like a player locked in if he was a important part of a wining team.

pjj365

We've learnt over recent years that signings do not equate to announcin the signing

I have no doubt this off season will see no change and we will all get frustrated at the lack of "signings" which are kept quiet for good strategic reasons.

So sign Ovechkin but don't tell anyone - other teams will ramp up their recruitment - makes sense to me

Wagstaff

I would think that this sort of thing is going on in the background at every club already,Just because you don’t hear about a conversation doesn’t mean nobody is talking!
Your roster this year was kept under wraps till a lot later than most other signings, but I would think a lot of players were already either signed or in serious talks well before their announcement

Wagstaff

Please sign Ben lake not because he's a great player as we all know he is! he's just a pain in the ass to play against.
I think Ben is a great player, he stands out because he is so much better than the rest of the team, problem is, if you neutralise Ben, the rest of the team are beaten too so he is being targeted with overly aggressive play and cheap shots, I worry that it won’t be long before he gets an injury that will hurt him and Blaze badly, possibly GB too.
Maybe on a roster that is stacked with talent like yours, he would still be a great player but he would stand out less and not be taking the physical punishment he is at the moment

Diablo3

I think Ben is a great player, he stands out because he is so much better than the rest of the team, problem is, if you neutralise Ben, the rest of the team are beaten too so he is being targeted with overly aggressive play and cheap shots, I worry that it won’t be long before he gets an injury that will hurt him and Blaze badly, possibly GB too.
Maybe on a roster that is stacked with talent like yours, he would still be a great player but he would stand out less and not be taking the physical punishment he is at the moment
Ben is a real talent, but it depends how happy he is at the Blaze and whether our coach / owners think he would improve our roster. I'm sure there will be conversations going on from both sides

Devils86

As a 21st century organisation with such a good grip on social media the unveiling of signings is planned and co-ordinated. No way players sign on a drip feed week-by-week. They’ll know if they are coming back or not and will be ordered to keep quiet until they are unveiled.

Some of the stalwarts will have agreed already to stay next year. Others may be on the fence. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two have an agreement for a contract at a certain rate next year unless a club in another league steps in. Some will have a “you can be a Devil as long as you want, there will always be a contract for you if you want it” relationship with the organisation.

I have my own opinions on who stays/goes etc but that will wait for after the playoffs.

In any event, I trust in Todd and I trust in the Lord.

jimmy snels

i believe joey martin is signed already. i heard he signed a three year deal 2 years ago. i litrally heard no info on anyone else mind. personally id tie Fournier down now because he is going AHL/Liiga minimum next year imho.