RUMOUR

Samael

That would be a massive coup for Nottingham. If it happens the money offered to Keefe would be staggering I'm sure as coaching the Panthers has become a bit of a poison chalice much like Sheffield. Have to say though I'd rather someone stops Belfast at POFW and Keefe stays put next season.

Probably just a typical Playoff weekend. Rumour I would imagine. Not saying it isn’t possible by any means, in professional sports almost anything has a price but I can’t see the relevance in him having to win this weekend based on what he has already achieved this season I would imagine if it is true it would be done whatever the result this weekend.

chris592

Heard a little rumour that if Belfast win the playoffs Keefe is being linked with Panthers and paul dixon off to Belfast..
Haha I've heard a lot of bizarre rumours but this one gotta be up there.

Firstly why are Nottingham waiting to see if Belfast wins the Playoffs? In 2 seasons Keefe has 2 challenge cups, a league title and runner up in the Conti Cup. Plus has just guided his team to the PO final weekend. Would suggest to me if Nottingham where interested then it's more about what he has already achieved and how his Giants team plays.

Also yes I agree everyone has their price. But keefer is one of those loyal guys, whilst I don't think he will be with us forever I do believe he wouldn't move to another team in the league.

OJLloyd

If you want another rumour - I was told today by someone who claims to be friends with Tim Wallace that MK had 5 players ready to sign on deadline day.

Happy to turnout for Tim with just essentially room and board.

Tony Smith embargoed MK from making signings. We need an independent CEO

Last edited:

pjj365

If you want another rumour - I was told today by someone who claims to be friends with Tim Wallace that MK had 5 players ready to sign on deadline day.

Happy to turnout for Tim with just essentially room and board.

Tony Smith embargoed MK from making signings. We need an independent CEO
This is only partially true - based on the owners Q&A with the fans

Yes there were players ready to sign but they were banned from registering them with the leauge because they had not paid their monthly fees. The issue the Moody's had was when that rule came into force.

They seemed to claim it was at a monthly board meeting which they did not attend then they tried to register players before they got the minutes of that meeting.

Tony Smith does not control the board - it is majority voting. But it would appear that Cardiff were also abscent form that meeting so a strong EIHL personality/voice was missing AND with at least 2 members missing who know what influence Smith had to gain the necessary majority - if that was his plan

Bottom line the Moody's admitted it was lack of their deep pockets that killed MK

Going forward MK fans looking to "own" the club and that could be interesting. No more supporters clubs or fan forums - with no real say - but true supporter involvement

Wannabe2

Smith said that the league would work till the 11th hour to try to keep MK in the league, think the embargo on signing players was due to the owners owing there previous coach a lot of money, that only gives this league a bad name.

OJLloyd

That would all make a lot of sense.

I was told this by a chap in the queue for the bar, so wasn’t sure how much to believe.

I still believe an independent chairman or whatever you want to call it would be beneficial, but understand these things aren’t cheap.

Whistle back to the Giants was another one I heard, and that the been Steelers coach is from the KHL, which fits nicely with the rumoured name I think.

The last two I heard outside Saltbox after 11, so may be as true as Batchy’s claim to me in the gents yesterday evening of being ‘not too drunk’

Devil94

Have seen/heard a few rumours now about big changes coming in Cardiff and Belfast. Does anyone have any idea what they’re referring to, even if it is complete bollocks?

Last edited:

OJLloyd

Have seen/heard a few rumours now about big changes coming in Cardiff and Belfast. Does anyone have any idea what they’re referring to, even if it is complete bollocks?
I would be willing to bet that these are very much Steelers/Panthers fans with some wishful thinking or stirring. I didn't hear very much at all in the way of rumours about us, apart from one hilarious attempt from an English fan (no idea which team) suggesting that Tony Smith owns part of the Devils, and that's why we win things.

Which makes a change from Todd running the league, I suppose.