Frölunda vs Devils - 8 Oct 19 - CHL

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
frolunda3.png

Devils face the biggest test of the season so far as they head to Sweden to face the current CHL champions Frölunda . We're above them in the group table so they have to be beatable, right?

moggy#9

Whatever happens we're going to learn so much as a club from this experience. I'm sure lordo has a game plan, but I just hope we can ice a fit roster and keep it respectable with an eye on Graz doing is a favour and maybe sneaking something at home.

Rob Batch

High hopes tempered by low expectations. This should be a great experience for all our players regardless of the outcome. Hopefully we all learn something useful from it. Come on U Devils !!

Think we are going to be short of bodies in this one, and will get rolled over in the third period. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

Swarley

Given the fact they said this about the team I really hope we run through them both times and humiliate them.

They have since deleted the tweet after people chirped them for getting it so wrong lol

Attachments

moggy#9

Funnily enough, I was thinking 5-2 to frolunda tonight. Judging by the comment from them on their website they want to use speed against us, so keeping them busy in board battles will be critical. They need to win this, so we need to start on the front foot. I suspect that even if we do make it hard for them they'll wear is down late in the game and score a few in the 3rd.

hip check

Let's be realistic, we're playing arguably the best team in Europe, a respectable hard working defeat is almost guaranteed, 4-0 would be a great result but think maybe 5 or 6 is more likely, would absolutely love to have to eat my words and we get a close result. We've been turned over by Blaze and Clan in recent weeks, compared to them this is like climbing Everest, think it's gonna be a long night.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #18
I suspect we might see some players who have been off with injury back tonight. We don't know how bad they were and it might have just been to ensure they were fit for this game

Devilsatw

Let's be realistic, we're playing arguably the best team in Europe, a respectable hard working defeat is almost guaranteed, 4-0 would be a great result but think maybe 5 or 6 is more likely, would absolutely love to have to eat my words and we get a close result. We've been turned over by Blaze and Clan in recent weeks, compared to them this is like climbing Everest, think it's gonna be a long night.
See now that’s a realistic post. Some people don’t live in a real world on here but I’m with you on this one

kristian

I suspect we might see some players who have been off with injury back tonight. We don't know how bad they were and it might have just been to ensure they were fit for this game
Do we think in the last few games we could have done an extra few % and have been holding back slightly to conserve some energy and not risk injury.