DEL & EBEL - Coronavirus, remaining fixtures cancelled!

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #5
Rumours from where.
Probably just a matter of time, an ever increasing number of European countries are either cancelling sporting events or holding them behind closed doors.
If the projected contamination rate for the UK follows the model it would be almost inconceivable to hold an indoor event of the magnitude of the POFW!

Wannabe2

But there’s no rumours of football, Rugby, Concerts, so where’s the rumours of the play offs come from, this is only a 8/9 k event, so rumours from where.???????

kingmo19.1

Bit of a mare for teams that depend on the gate receipts for league games.

Shame if the POFW was cancelled, although understandable under the circumstances. Maybe it could be played behind closed doors and every paying fan getting a free webcast?

Devilsatw

Leeds rhinos rugby league game behind doors along with hundreds of football matches Huddersfield also not welcoming visitors!
this shit is crazy.

Slartibartfast

Im not surprised at the EBEL as it contains teams from Italy. Italy has gone from a handful of cases to 10000+ in just 2 weeks. If we follow the same pattern you can bet the play offs will be cancelled. The next 2 weeks will be crucial. Keep washing your hands people.

nicky27

I had also heard rumours that it could be cancelled. Think they will wait for a few weeks to see if the virus takes hold as much as they expect it to.

pjj365

But there’s no rumours of football, Rugby, Concerts, so where’s the rumours of the play offs come from, this is only a 8/9 k event, so rumours from where.???????
No rumours about 6 nations - games " postponed"
Sports bodies met yesterday at COBRA meeting again tomorrow.
Also there is a difference between indoor and outdoor sports venues
Even in US some changes made. NHL, MLB and NFL have reduced press access

Devilsatw

Believe me I would never make a joke about people dying, have a bit more class than that, as opposed to a dick like you that would even think that you stupid person. Get a grip idiot.
Why the sarcastic comment then. All people are talking sense with respectable comments and you reply with an amateur football match being played at the weekend which will have no more than 50 people watching. Idiot

This is a very serious situation and certainly nothing to joke about.

Back from Tenerife I am begining to think it will be safer over there

I am in no doubt that there will be restrictions on public events within the next 2 weeks.

BostonBart22

This is a very serious situation and certainly nothing to joke about.

Back from Tenerife I am begining to think it will be safer over there

I am in no doubt that there will be restrictions on public events within the next 2 weeks.
Agreed, just hope we finish the lge season done and dusted then go from there see what comes of playoffs .

Thread starter #18
Is this a serious post?

Are you honestly saying you are unaware of the likely cancellation of sporting events etc?
The UK is currently in the containment phase and as such it is not yet deemed necessary to ban such events , however within the next week or two we will be entering the Delay Phase and as such, social distancing, working from home, and the banning of big events, especially indoor events are a very serious consideration.
This is not rumour or my opinion, this has come directly from yesterday’s Emergency Cobra Meeting.

If we as a country don’t get a handle on this, neither Ely Rangers or Grange Quins will be able to put a team out in a few weeks time!
Now that bit is my opinion!

pjj365

As this is a hockey forum it's worth getting our minds round today's White House briefing
Dr Fauci at the briefing quoted 99 - go where the puck is going not where it is
Health - beyond the hockey family (our own family not the least) - is the most important thing here