EIHL 10 team event

Wannabe2

How can this be a extra game, when there are league points on offer, and which teams are the home teams, as they will lose this home fixture at their gaff losing their home advantage. Also it’s too much money to watch my team once, probably lots of teams won’t have their full squads in, money towards my season ticket me thinks.

Last edited:

Diablo3

That's fair enough. So by that logic, if the Devils don't make the POFW, would you still go or sell your ticket? Its a lot more money to not see your team play at all.
But that is a different beast, we all hope we make the playoffs and progress to the final. Should we win it, we have that memory. You have to gamble the Devils will make it when you buy the tickets. If they don't, then ok I'll go anyway as I've already paid.

While the idea of getting all the teams together sounds ok, it is just a league game. As to what I do, I may still go as hockey starvation takes over. For now, I will wait and see as more details get released.

Rempel16

How can this be a extra game, when there are league points on offer, and which teams are the home teams, as they will lose this home fixture at their gaff.
Because the league will have a 55 game season instead of a 54 game season. Every team still has it's allocated 27 home games. The gate money for the weekend would be split between all the teams, so every team is the home team. I know this causes the logistic of teams playing one extra game against a strong opponent or weak opponent, but i'd say all teams would be accepting if this if it meant a weekend can be formed.

For the purposes of home team on the day having the last change etc.... Surely that can be done by a coin toss / draw? (as long as it's not out of a carrier bag).

Rempel16

But that is a different beast, we all hope we make the playoffs and progress to the final. Should we win it, we have that memory. You have to gamble the Devils will make it when you buy the tickets. If they don't, then ok I'll go anyway as I've already paid.

While the idea of getting all the teams together sounds ok, it is just a league game. As to what I do, I may still go as hockey starvation takes over. For now, I will wait and see as more details get released.
Fair enough. Thank you for the response.

I think I understand what you mean, but then some of the best POFW I have had have been when the Devils aren't there. Yes, it's awesome to win the trophy but the trip offers far more memories than a win for me.

Kevlar68

My girlfriend and i are still going up on 10th - 13th if we're still allowed to travel by then, may just be us kicking around Nottingham.

Rempel16

So to watch my team once, it’s costing me £95 + hotel + fuel, sounds a good deal.
Well it's all relative, I thought you'd have been one who would have attended POFW even if the Devils weren't there. I didn't realise you hadn't gone in previous years when they didn't get there.

That will teach me to never assume.

Kevlar68

My hotel is no refund at all for anything as got the room cheap, booked it as soon as dates released.
I may be like Will Smith in I am legend only i'll be roaming round a empty not so fashionable city :D

Wannabe2

Well it's all relative, I thought you'd have been one who would have attended POFW even if the Devils weren't there. I didn't realise you hadn't gone in previous years when they didn't get there.

That will teach me to never assume.
No mate, I buy my tickets but if they don’t get there I cancel my digs, and sell my tickets cheap £5/600 to watch 4 foreign teams ain’t for me, week in the sun is my alternative.

terry hunt

Thread starter #34
Terry, I am a bit underwhelmed by the proposal.
Maybe I am not fully understanding what they are trying to achieve other than not having to give us a refund?
I know you are a grumpy old git like me mate but think on.
Imagine a time long ago when all the clubs fans used to go for a London weekend to enjoy the hockey together.
It was good to win there but it was really about a celebration of british hockey.
I am probably naive listening to modern fans constantly whinging but who knows?

Kevlar68

I know you are a grumpy old git like me mate but think on.
Imagine a time long ago when all the clubs fans used to go for a London weekend to enjoy the hockey together.
It was good to win there but it was really about a celebration of british hockey.
I am probably naive listening to modern fans constantly whinging but who knows?
But that's different, you paid for that weekend knowing that's what the weekend was about, this is paying for one weekend but getting a completely different one.

Its like booking to see Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin monsters of rock but getting The Wurzels instead, its not what you paid for.

Last edited:
So to watch my team once, it’s costing me £95 + hotel + fuel, sounds a good deal.
Wannabe2, your responses and attitude to this quite surprises me.
You are forever waxing lyrical about hockey being the worlds greatest game and so on.
Totally over the top gushing praise on the Devils and the game.
I also know through reading your posts that you regularly buy other teams webcasts when devils are either not playing or there is no webcast for them.
You have the choice to ask for a refund, so with all the above your attitude surprises me.
Remple makes good points especially about the fact that everyone will be starved of hockey and this would be a full on fix.
We all know the league relies highly on pofw and they are trying in unprecedented circumstances to make good out of bad.
If it was Steve Kings idea you’d be all over it!!
Sorry for getting personal but you do wind me up sometimes. :)

Wannabe2

Wannabe2, your responses and attitude to this quite surprises me.
You are forever waxing lyrical about hockey being the worlds greatest game and so on.
Totally over the top gushing praise on the Devils and the game.
I also know through reading your posts that you regularly buy other teams webcasts when devils are either not playing or there is no webcast for them.
You have the choice to ask for a refund, so with all the above your attitude surprises me.
Remple makes good points especially about the fact that everyone will be starved of hockey and this would be a full on fix.
We all know the league relies highly on pofw and they are trying in unprecedented circumstances to make good out of bad.
If it was Steve Kings idea you’d be all over it!!
Sorry for getting personal but you do wind me up sometimes. :)
If your sorry for being personal,then don’t be personal, what is waxing lyrical sorry don’t understand that, I buy lots of webcasts as I like my hockey fix if not live by my team, then on my laptop by others, Having this fix of hockey is awesome for some, and that’s great, but it certainly isn’t for me. Also if it was Steve Kings idea I would be all over it, thank you for knowing me better than what I know myself, as for winding you up, take a step back buddy, and try to unwind. Never forget your opinions are yours, and mine are mine. Have a great evening.

Kevlar68

I get where wannabe is coming from with his post.

£10 - £15 for a webcast in your own living room with a few beers, good cheap night in.
Expense of a playoff weekend which can come to the price of a season ticket when totalled up is worth it as its a good weekend with all to play for as there is a cup at the end of it with European qualification attached.
This kick off the season weekend would not be worth all that expense and i agree, i will be getting a refund.

Can't see the problem with wannabes attitude to this proposed weekend to be honest as i think many long serving fans and new fans would agree with it.

kingmo19.1

But don't forget, having bought a POFW ticket, if we failed to qualify you'd have seen Cardiff play no game whatsoever, had we qualified and got blown out then you'd see 1 competitive game and 1 drunken bore-fest (3rd/4th playoff), so no real difference in my eyes.

I think it could be quite an interesting weekend - all teams in one place, first sight of all the new players in action, kit reveals, split the announcers so they are from each club who is playing. Who knows' it might be fantastic - gotta be worth a look even if its a one-off.