New Coach.....

matbur

Would obviously be a huge loss but with all due respect to him, a new coach would more than likely want to bring in his own assistant in any case.

Piggott seems a remarkable guy, respected in hockey and has a fantastic professional career in medicine. Good luck to him if what you say is indeed correct.

JC23

Would obviously be a huge loss but with all due respect to him, a new coach would more than likely want to bring in his own assistant in any case.

Piggott seems a remarkable guy, respected in hockey and has a fantastic professional career in medicine. Good luck to him if what you say is indeed correct.
Piggsie has always been a brilliant guy every time I’ve spoken to him. Super intelligent, and genuinely a good guy too.

If what I’ve been told is true, he’s got one hell of an opportunity.

pjj365

Piggsie has always been a brilliant guy every time I’ve spoken to him. Super intelligent, and genuinely a good guy too.

If what I’ve been told is true, he’s got one hell of an opportunity.
It's would be no big surprise if he was head hunted either by a research organisation or big pharma. His skill sets will, surely, be in high demand at the moment.

Wannabe2

Big loss to the Devils, think Luke flew out the other day, really really nice guy. Very clever and likeable, take good care Luke.

moggy#9

Other than the obvious disappointment of not completing the on ice business, the great tragedy of the season is not being able to say goodbye properly to some great servants of the club. I hope that the club is able to do something to make up for that at least a little.

august04

Thread starter #88
Seems a bit strange that we wouldn’t announce Piggott’s departure, if he’s not even in the UK anymore, with a great career opportunity ahead of him. Announce it, let him get some thanks/best wishes from Devils fans for all his many years of service and then wish him luck with his career in the pharma industry (if that’s what he’s doing).

Hedd Wyn John

I've always said Omar Pacha but the more I think about it, the more I'd like to see us go for someone completely new to UK hockey who can put their own stamp on things. Not up for a continuity candidate either. Has to be a fresh approach to allow roster to get behind the new guy.
Personally I think Omar Pacha would be a good fit but I trust Todd & Franny to find the right coach for the Devils whoever they bring in.

Diablo3

With the loss of both Lordo & Piggsie we could see a style of play which will bring entertainment and trophy’s which is what we want.
What about the coaching combo of Rob Davison and Vezio Sacratini?
I wouldn't expect too much of a change in our style of play. Tod has already said we are looking for a new coach that has the same style of play as the Devils. No major change in direction.

BostonBart22

I wouldn't expect too much of a change in our style of play. Tod has already said we are looking for a new coach that has the same style of play as the Devils. No major change in direction.
Reckon it will be an ex player and someone local helping out maybe Hendo or Jamie Elson

The_Puck

Why do people keep thinking Linglet or Mo will be our next coach. Pandemic or not, we will go for a new coach from a different league who has strong connections with our owners and Todd.

Mazzoak

The options for the season must be pretty fraught with issues around when we can start indoor activities again, I’d say the most likely would be a temporary coach, still think Kelman could potentially move into the role with a senior assistant/player such as Fournier doin the on ice drills etc.
l can’t see Fournier following Lord, then again l was surprised Lord has movEd across there, to me it is a bonkers move. He is chasing an dream, I’m sure he feels he can be successful & he has to do what he needs too, but it’s still a dumb move, in my opinion, if I’m wrong, great, couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. The last few yrs he’s been struggling, no obvious plan B when he‘d battle on with the same strategy, players being over played instead of relying on changes to the lines. Not playing a back up nettie when required.
He’s moving to team who’ve binned a coach every 2 yrs, their social media wasn’t exactly lit up on his announcement, he’s gonna need to hope the team he hits the ice with is going to respond to a guy who’s only coached a team in a league they don’t respect.
When 21/22 season l could see us gaining a coach from the CHL, probably an ex player who the Devils have eyed up as potential over the previous few yrs. Its no secret we want to make CHL progression, that’ll give Kelman his fast, skilled non physical team. Sorry no matter how much they speak, it’s action that gives it away. North American style isn’t our thing, European is the way this organisation wants to go and why not if that’s what the people want to see & continue paying for.

Last edited:

zoesdevil

Why do people keep thinking Linglet or Mo will be our next coach. Pandemic or not, we will go for a new coach from a different league who has strong connections with our owners and Todd.
Because they know the style of play Lordo liked, they know Cardiff, they're settled in Cardiff, we are not sure what sort if season we are going to get, so these two could be perfect as a temporary measure. Plus Linglet will definitely have some contacts. Everyone is allowed an opinion, no harm. This is still the thread for the new coach is it not??

Kevlar68

I wouldn't think a new coach would be needed to finish this season, training could be taken by the players as they know the routine. All they need is a tactician to sort out the style of play and individual plays for each game then find a full time coach ready for next season.