2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Wannabe2

My comments were not aimed at anyone in particular that’s a fact. And maybe the wording wasn’t what I would use again and for that I am grateful it’s been pointed out. It’s never been my intention to upset anyone on here and that’s also a fact. Let’s hope we can all get back to watching the lads soon.

ASHIPP

Would be very surprised if O'connor becomes a Devil. He has a family in Sheffield, was probably paid well as a top Brit for Steelers (and Daddy is on the board too!) There have been rumours for months he might be at Panthers next season... it makes sense, they are short on experienced Brits and much nearer home for him.

Re: rumours... the Josh Brittain one doing the rounds again. Same as last year. Otherwise seems v. quiet.

Wannabe2

With you on the O’Connor thing can’t see him in Cardiff, when you come from the Darkside, the Lightside is far to bright. That’s why it’s for Stars only and not black clouds.

jenks33

Thread starter #352
If it is true then surely it’s an AHL player that’s made a few NHL appearances. As Moggy#9 said there’s probably a Calgary connection there or possibly a Pittsburgh connection seeing as Skalde coached in Wilkes-Barre.

Wannabe2

It’s a pretty awesome feeling though to think if anyone can pull a rabbit out of the hat, it could be us. Not expecting a current NHL player that would be pie in the sky as we all know. God I hope this season goes ahead, it’s been so long I know other things are by far more important, but I think we all need a break of some sort, and watching our lads would be just the tonic we all need. Stay safe all.

Wannabe2

The same person has also said Shane Owen to Stars. Can’t see that happening either.
Why’s that mate, Giants last time we played, Flyers the season before that, Stars could well be on the cards I hope so anyway. In my perfect World Devils would win the league and Dundee would come second, have a lot of respect for Pacha and think with a big budget team he would really do well.

moggy#9

The same person has also said Shane Owen to Stars. Can’t see that happening either.
Actually, I could see that one. Owen is a good goalie, but he's been solved by the better teams in the league. If the stars are building a physical team who could clear out the area around the slot, he could do well in that sort of environment.