Devils Vs lusanne

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
So, in hockey terms, what would people realistically think of as success for tonight's match? For my part, I think scoring a couple and keeping the result within two.

matbur

This smaller roster is gonna be a nightmare all season particularly with covid
It will prove to be a more and more ridiculous decision as the league goes on. It is going to undermine the league this season, there's no two ways about it.

I appreciate that the league is in a delicate state, but the decision already looks to be a shortsighted one. This will cause a lot of controversy in coming months when games are either called off at short notice or teams are having to play when severely weakened. It really does impact the integrity of the game.

There are going to be games going ahead this season with paying public to watch contests that are essentially flawed.

I'm hoping they'll revise this somehow before the start of the season, but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as I'm aware, the league still hasn't even gone ahead and officially announced the new roster requirements. Amateur hour...

Last edited:

moggy#9

Thread starter #12
It will prove to be a more and more ridiculous decision as the league goes on. It is going to undermine the league this season, there's no two ways about it.

I appreciate that the league is in a delicate state, but the decision already looks to be a shortsighted one. This will cause a lot of controversy in coming months when games are either called off at short notice or teams are having to play when severely weakened. It really does impact the integrity of the game.

There are going to be games going ahead this season with paying public to watch contests that are essentially flawed.

I'm hoping they'll revise this somehow before the start of the season, but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as I'm aware, the league still hasn't even gone ahead and officially announced the new roster requirements. Amateur hour...
I think that it underlines the precarious position of the league. Some of the teams seem to operate on a show string whereas the arena teams and the devils would probably want to take the next step. To my mind we should be looking for every team to run with 4 full lines. As it is the league isn't even mandating 4 forward lines. Until we can add 2 to 4 good teams to the league we're not going to progress, but at the moment I struggle to see where they're coming from. The league needs to either get the operators of existing arenas interested or partner with companies who will build new facilities.

kristian

Did I read somewhere on here Louis take a stick to the ribs.
If he's cracked a rib be looking at a lot more then just these CHL games coming up.

Ocko

Did I read somewhere on here Louis take a stick to the ribs.
If he's cracked a rib be looking at a lot more then just these CHL games coming up.
It looked like a rib from where I was although someone else said maybe a wrist.

A cracked rib isn’t the end of the world, I’d take that over a wrist and most other upper body injuries. If it is a rib he shouldn’t be missing for too long.

august04 2.0

It looked like a rib from where I was although someone else said maybe a wrist.

A cracked rib isn’t the end of the world, I’d take that over a wrist and most other upper body injuries. If it is a rib he shouldn’t be missing for too long.
But if it’s a rib cartilage injury he could be out for a significant amount of time. Even sneezing is agony if you have that injury, I’ve been there!
Unlike previous CHL campaigns, where we have competed well, I have no expectations whatsoever tonight with the hand we have been dealt.
A goal or two would be nice but I expect a heavy defeat again.

Ocko

But if it’s a rib cartilage injury he could be out for a significant amount of time. Even sneezing is agony if you have that injury, I’ve been there!
Unlike previous CHL campaigns, where we have competed well, I have no expectations whatsoever tonight with the hand we have been dealt.
A goal or two would be nice but I expect a heavy defeat again.
I suppose I could’ve run down through every specific rib injury he could’ve possibly had. Maybe he was completely impaled on his opponents stick and pierced a lung! I know a rib cartilage injury is worse, coincidentally I’ve had it. However on the whole a cracked rib is better than a cracked wrist which is what was suggested. But thanks for the little lesson :)