Panthers Vs Devils - League - 17th Oct 2021

august04 2.0

Maybe the tough game last night has taken it out of them but its a poor excuse as Panthers has tough game last night as well
That’s not an excuse, as you say Nottingham had a tough OT game vs Sheffield.
No matter the result today, I think we're still a signing or two short - particularly a first line centre. It’s not surprising when you've undergone almost a complete rebuilding job.

JC23

Like I said, no matter the result, I still think we’re a signing or two short. Is that not allowed?
I don’t remember replying directly to you mate. But I’ll bite.

I think at the moment, we need to remember we’ve just come out of a CHL campaign against much better teams, and we’re missing two very key players from a team that’s much lower on bodies than we are used to these past few years.

Valdix who has been brought in to help, has so far been about as much use as I would be on the ice, aside from eating minutes so the rest of the guys can rest.

So at the moment, we’re running essentially 14 skaters (without Valdix).

In my eyes, we’re doing very well given those points.

But you’re more than welcome to your views buddy, as we all are.

moggy#9

To be honest, given the rebuilding job that's happened the way the team has come together is amazing. Only a couple of players have struggled to find form and, on the evidence of last night, are going much better. If love to have a spare import, but I'm not sure whether that needs to be defence or forward.

I think we have an awesome team this season. The standouts for me are Reid, Sanford, Cox, Register, McNally, Carruth, Kozun and of course Josh Waller (hoping he has a big future with us). Sucks that we're only allowed 19 guys this season, having only 6 defensemen is really putting the pressure on players like Register. In an ideal World we would be able to sign one more defenseman. I did hope with the news from Greenville that Haddad would be back with us and hoping to see Joey Martin resign next season. Imagine Martin & Haddad on this team (happy place)

august04 2.0

To be honest, given the rebuilding job that's happened the way the team has come together is amazing. Only a couple of players have struggled to find form and, on the evidence of last night, are going much better. If love to have a spare import, but I'm not sure whether that needs to be defence or forward.
Agreed, the rebuilding job has been incredible given the turnover of players and like I’ve said on the other thread, I love watching the style of play of this team compared to recent years. It’s been a breath of fresh air. I don't think we're quite the finished article though but whether that’s possible this year with the restrictions and availability of players, I don’t know.

tim78

Personally, I'd rather limit the experienced players, we have rebuild and look at Waller, Cox and Sanford.

I think Joey Haddad could help Dixon and Reid out (holding up play and on the boards) but Crandell will settle in.

For me with not having 4 full lines, Myers is the missing part that would help the centers out, for penalty kills and face off wins.

My fear this season is missing Dixon or a dman for any period of time.

august04 2.0

I don’t remember replying directly to you mate. But I’ll bite.

I think at the moment, we need to remember we’ve just come out of a CHL campaign against much better teams, and we’re missing two very key players from a team that’s much lower on bodies than we are used to these past few years.

Valdix who has been brought in to help, has so far been about as much use as I would be on the ice, aside from eating minutes so the rest of the guys can rest.

So at the moment, we’re running essentially 14 skaters (without Valdix).

In my eyes, we’re doing very well given those points.

But you’re more than welcome to your views buddy, as we all are.
Couldn't agree more!

august04 2.0

Personally, I'd rather limit the experienced players, we have rebuild and look at Waller, Cox and Sanford.

I think Joey Haddad could help Dixon and Reid out (holding up play and on the boards) but Crandell will settle in.

For me with not having 4 full lines, Myers is the missing part that would help the centers out, for penalty kills and face off wins.

My fear this season is missing Dixon or a dman for any period of time.
It’s farcical, last night we had two of the top teams in the league both with only 14/15 skaters, just a few weeks into the campaign. That won’t do the likes of Dixon any good at all, just heaps more pressure and work onto already overloaded players - under those circumstances, more injuries will inevitably follow. I wonder who thought these roster/bench restrictions were a good idea?! I honestly can’t believe they were voted through.

moggy#9

It’s farcical, last night we had two of the top teams in the league both with only 14/15 skaters, just a few weeks into the campaign. That won’t do the likes of Dixon any good at all, just heaps more pressure and work onto already overloaded players - under those circumstances, more injuries will inevitably follow. I wonder who thought these roster/bench restrictions were a good idea?! I honestly can’t believe they were voted through.
I'm guessing fife, possibly supported by the Scottish bloc.