Blaze Vs Devils - CC - 31st Oct 2021

matbur

Good to see they delivered a response to last night but let's not get carried away here, it's essentially a meaningless game and the pressure was off, Coventry had nothing to play for.

There needs to be more consistency and performance levels within the team need to be less erratic. This can be a building block however.

Devil94

a win is a win but the cc cup so what we need these displays in every league game that’s what counts mate
If you're hoping for performances where we are 4 goals up in the first period in "every league game", then that explains a lot about some posts on here over the weekend.

The guys bounced back perfectly after last night, what more can they do. So, move on, and look forward to next week.

Hockeymad

Your not happy with ANY player
Players i really like

Both goalies

All brits especially waller.

Reid is my favourite player

Cox sanford and crandall.

Louis and Mickelson

Dixon works his arse off Players should look up to him especially with his age. I love it.

Players I don't like

Dupont imo offers nothing and has been given enough time.

Lammon is ok but could get better.

Register is decent but I find him so slow.

That's my assessment thank you.

E.D.S.

I agree that he won't be let go. I certainly think that the time has passed for people to hold their tongues though.
Yes it certainly feels that way for me. I make a point of not calling players out unless it’s for positive feedback but some of the performances by individuals just haven’t been up to expectations. I normally wait until post Christmas as lines, tactics, knowledge of your team mates and styles has had plenty of time to bed in - but it is difficult to bite your tongue given what I’ve seen this year - home and away.

terry hunt

Good to see they delivered a response to last night but let's not get carried away here, it's essentially a meaningless game and the pressure was off, Coventry had nothing to play for.

There needs to be more consistency and performance levels within the team need to be less erratic. This can be a building block however.
Listening to Danny Stewart's comments they were pumped up to win and needed the points.If you are right the Blaze and Devils wont be bothered about the result next week at Cardiff

kettdevil1

Listening to Danny Stewart's comments they were pumped up to win and needed the points.If you are right the Blaze and Devils wont be bothered about the result next week at Cardiff
Danny Stewart was in the local media talking the game up - remember they still have not qualified so it was a big game for them. Given the animosity between the two teams, I can't see a quiet game next week....

Mazzoak

Yes it certainly feels that way for me. I make a point of not calling players out unless it’s for positive feedback but some of the performances by individuals just haven’t been up to expectations. I normally wait until post Christmas as lines, tactics, knowledge of your team mates and styles has had plenty of time to bed in - but it is difficult to bite your tongue given what I’ve seen this year - home and away.
Maybe the problem isn’t the club, it’s as you put it “Expectations” which in professional sports means nada to anyone within the club, that is the issue.
The club will have all the tools and resources they need to do whatever they see fit, if that means a few fans get disgruntled, well, thats their prerogative.

The impact of Covid, change in coach, finances all have had an impact, for all we know the management group could be looking to get out, they could financially be hit with increasing running costs now there’s a change of rink ownership, who knows what is brewing up in the future, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that running the Devils is becoming less attractive.

So l really do encourage fans to support the club, don’t stop attending, don’t bad mouth the players, the staff & let’s get behind the club as much as possible. Even small gestures like accepting things aren’t perfect can go a long way. Steve King, Todd, Katrina, read the Inferno and honestly if Steve hasn’t started questioning why their bothering, all l can say is, he must be a saint, l wouldn’t, if l was running the club with Steve‘s ethos, that it’s not for financial reasons, I’d have shut it down a walked away just on comments on here.

Slartibartfast

Maybe the problem isn’t the club, it’s as you put it “Expectations” which in professional sports means nada to anyone within the club, that is the issue.
The club will have all the tools and resources they need to do whatever they see fit, if that means a few fans get disgruntled, well, thats their prerogative.

The impact of Covid, change in coach, finances all have had an impact, for all we know the management group could be looking to get out, they could financially be hit with increasing running costs now there’s a change of rink ownership, who knows what is brewing up in the future, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that running the Devils is becoming less attractive.

So l really do encourage fans to support the club, don’t stop attending, don’t bad mouth the players, the staff & let’s get behind the club as much as possible. Even small gestures like accepting things aren’t perfect can go a long way. Steve King, Todd, Katrina, read the Inferno and honestly if Steve hasn’t started questioning why their bothering, all l can say is, he must be a saint, l wouldn’t, if l was running the club with Steve‘s ethos, that it’s not for financial reasons, I’d have shut it down a walked away just on comments on here.
I like the new Mazzoak :) but seriously I agree. The performance against Nottingham warrants criticism but some of the personal criticism of players over the season so far astounds me. OK Dupont is not the top scorer but across the league and CC he has averaged 0.77 a game. Thats higher than Joey Haddad in his penultimate season and higher than Stephen Dixon now but noone called for their sacking.
I have seen Cox and Sandford criticised for not scoring enough but they are at 0.83 and 0.8 points a game. Crandall has 11 points in 12 games for 0.91 points per game but yet some don't rate him.
Just because Reid has an outrageous 1.25 points per game does not mean we are a one player team. This team has plenty of talent.

The inferno has always been a glass half empty sort of place but I also do worry what the owners think when they read it. Hopefully they realise that some of the comments are not reflective of the whole fan base and I know a lot who don't come on here because its so negative.

rocketbob

The inferno has always been a glass half empty sort of place but I also do worry what the owners think when they read it. Hopefully they realise that some of the comments are not reflective of the whole fan base and I know a lot who don't come on here because its so negative.
Sometimes as glass knocked over kind of place. I have to admit to being one of the people that called for sacking Ulmer during the slow start to his first season and learnt my lesson from the outcome of that. The people that run and manage this team have a lot more knowledge and insight (both relating to hockey and behind the scenes) than an average fan such as myself and I therefore have no plans to call for anyone to be sacked unless they do something illegal or immoral.

jenks33

Out of interest do the people that find the inferno overly critical read football/rugby/cricket forums? Please don’t, you’ll be appalled. I know it’s to be expected with football fans but even compared to rugby and cricket forums the inferno is very tame. I’m not saying Ice hockey forums should be like other sports but let’s calm down a bit. I don’t for one minute think that Steve King reads negative posts on here and thinks “why do I bother”. Do’u know why? Because he’s a passionate sports fan. He knows that opinions can be strong on here because people love the club. I’m sure Steve has said a lot worse on Calgary flames forums haha.

Kevlar68

I've been an administrator on travel forums and its the same whatever forum you go on.
It's just opinions at the end of the day, some are never wrong and won't admit it even if they are, some are just there as they like winding people up for the fun of it, some are easy going, some are informative and knowledgeable, it's no different on any forum.

jenks33

I've been an administrator on travel forums and its the same whatever forum you go on.
It's just opinions at the end of the day, some are never wrong and won't admit it even if they are, some are just there as they like winding people up for the fun of it, some are easy going, some are informative and knowledgeable, it's no different on any forum.
Exactly, it’s most forums isn’t it? If anybody can find me a forum that isn’t full of glass half empty people I’ll be very surprised :)

Kevlar68

I'm a destination expert on forums for Tripadvisor, lived on Zakynthos for 19 years and have been told i'm wrong about things to do with the island by a tourist who has only visited the island twice for a fortnight :D
So yes you get them on all forums.

osh

I'm a destination expert on forums for Tripadvisor, lived on Zakynthos for 19 years and have been told i'm wrong about things to do with the island by a tourist who has only visited the island twice for a fortnight :D
So yes you get them on all forums.
so, tongue in cheek ! Perhaps that ‘tourist’ who had only visited twice for a fortnight made a valid post on that tripadvisor forum that may have differed from your opinion, maybe that tourist could possibly have been right ?? ( or even half right ) I also contribute to T/A and having lived in various locations around the globe would never call myself a ‘destination expert’, I try to advise and when necessary give my opinion. I respect that someone may have made a stupid or invalid comment on your particular T/A forum, and fair play to you, yes you do get them on all forums, but remember, sometimes they may just be right.