Stars Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 8th Dec 21

When starting with a new coach and the majority of the team being new to the league too, lots of unknowns. Inferno is often criticised for over reacting to events and I dare say that is true on occasions. However, many on here have raised concerns about the make up and performance of the team based on what they see. Something needs to change, unless we try we will never know. As a fan, I would rather see us be proactive and take some hard decisions, I would respect the will to try and turn this around. As I say, rather be damned for giving it a go irrespective of the outcome , it would be seen as taking a positive step and responding to the current situation.

Swarley

With regards to Mcnally and the fan, the fan actually threw a full bottle of coke at Mcnally as he was being taken off the ice, not condoning Mcnally for hitting the player when he's down but the fan throwing a bottle at a player on the ice??? He's lucky he wasn't mobbed by the entire bench!

Devil94

I'd be disappointed with anything more than a 3 game ban. Maybe a combination of abuse of official and then carrying on punching on the floor perhaps.

But I can't see anything off the ice which he should be banned for. Interacting with the fans from the ice is not banworthy. And when that fella bolted down the stairs quicker than I thought a human could move, once he got close he backed off and it was a bit of a non incident after that.

I was stood by the bench..the bottle of coke flew over the glass and missed McNally by a few inches..McNally pointed up at the stands and then as I turned round to look at where he was pointing, I see the Dundee fan absolutely leg it down the steps..I grabbed hold of him and managed to turn him away, but there was no fight from him, he just wanted his 5 minutes of fame..absolute whopper!!
Just a standard Wednesday night trip to Dundee

august04 2.0

I'd be disappointed with anything more than a 3 game ban. Maybe a combination of abuse of official and then carrying on punching on the floor perhaps.

But I can't see anything off the ice which he should be banned for. Interacting with the fans from the ice is not banworthy. And when that fella bolted down the stairs quicker than I thought a human could move, once he got close he backed off and it was a bit of a non incident after that.
Agreed, it’s the on ice stuff he should be worried about with DOPS.

The annoying thing for me with the McNally incident is that we had just got a very late goal to get ourselves back into the game that we didn't really deserve to be in and be on a high going into the third period.
It all happened after the whistle went to end the period. If everyone had skated off we may have come out for the third and taken control of game but any chance of that went with McNally losing it.
I would imagine he wasn't very popular in the room afterward. It's not like he was sticking up for someone or anything, just stupidly losing it.

Devil94

Dixon or Louis didn't ice in the third period. Dixon was on the bench and served a few penalties but Louis wasn't anywhere to be seen. Did anyone catch what happened to either of them?

BostonBart22

The annoying thing for me with the McNally incident is that we had just got a very late goal to get ourselves back into the game that we didn't really deserve to be in and be on a high going into the third period.
It all happened after the whistle went to end the period. If everyone had skated off we may have come out for the third and taken control of game but any chance of that went with McNally losing it.
I would imagine he wasn't very popular in the room afterward. It's not like he was sticking up for someone or anything, just stupidly losing it.
Agree there, he was nowhere near the initial incident and didnt need to get involved at all..

Hockeymad

This is Exactly why I don't look into peoples cv's

Everyone was happy with skalde dupont register etc on paper.

And look how they are performing.

Rempel16

Oh no, you always say that! I admire your optimism but I can see DOPS taking action here. Apart from hitting the guy repeatedly when he was down, suckering the other guy when he got up, abusing the officials and engaging with a fan, there wasn’t much to it!!
Fair enough. Hockey has gone way too soft. Benn Olson didn’t get a ban when he actually punched a fan who entered his personal space.

McNally and the fan don’t even get near each other so that’s a non starter.

Punching a guy when he’s down- if those are punches then we are in serious trouble.

Abusing an official- yeah fair enough on this one as he does strike the refs arm looking at it again.

Pushing Drydn Dow, there wasn’t much in that. Dow lost his balance, but it was no different to any after whistle scrum (pushing and shoving).

I take exception to your ‘you always say that’ as generally I’d like to think I’m pretty fair when I observe hockey incidents.

Admittedly I’m STILL struggling to transition from the old school to this new era hockey where only goals get fans out of their seats.

Mike Ware and Nicky Chinn incident against Guildford springs to mind here.

moggy#9

If Lord,Martin and Haddad come back to Cardiff surely it would mean they made a bad decision and have failed.
Just looking for a retirement package like other ex Devils.
Is that what we want players coming home to Mummy and Daddy?
I'm a firm believer in the adage to never go backward. Players age. They're never the same as you remember them and won't perform at the same level. Similarly with lordo, his mindset probably wouldn't be the same. Moving forward is the right thing. It's not necessarily easy, but it is necessary.