Six Nations to be played behind closed doors

august04 2.0

My word, the looney left on here have been stirred into a response by these posts this afternoon. No point arguing with them, Drakeford is their hero and can do no wrong. For all their protestations, Wales has fared no better throughout the pandemic than England despite us having to endure far more draconian measures - and anyone who thinks that Covid hasn’t been politicised by the devolved governments, as well as Westminster, is deluded. And I can’t stand Boris either. They’re all at it and I’m sick to death of all these self serving politicians, who really couldn’t care less about the rest of us.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

I'm not political, not on the register, don't give a toss about drakeford, labour, conservative etc, never believed in any politician. I see what I see where I live (cardiff/Swansea), I take notice of what goes on around me wherever I am.
Politicians don't make the public break the rules which has happened since April 2020.

My word, the looney left on here have been stirred into a response by these posts this afternoon. No point arguing with them, Drakeford is their hero and can do no wrong. For all their protestations, Wales has fared no better throughout the pandemic than England despite us having to endure far more draconian measures - and anyone who thinks that Covid hasn’t been politicised by the devolved governments, as well as Westminster, is deluded. And I can’t stand Boris either. They’re all at it and I’m sick to death of all these self serving politicians, who really couldn’t care less about the rest of us.
Unfortunately the looney left would vote for a sheep if it was wearing a red sweater, the electorate had a chance for change but choose dreadford & co.

moggy#9

I’ve said it before regarding anti maskers at IAW but around 10% of the population appear to not 'give a shit' and that 5 million or so is more than enough to keep this virus circulating ad infinitum!
If the authorities were serious about beating covid they'd make life as difficult as possible for the unvaccinated and they'd introduce huge fines for those who don't wear masks. I have zero sympathy for such individuals (what's happening with djokovic is hilarious).

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Unfortunately viruses like this can't be beaten. Covid will be around for years and like other viruses like influenza it will probably kill people for years to come. Most people are vaccinated and it's spreading like wildfire. Even between vaccinated people. Our only hope is that it morphs into a milder variant which omicron is looking like it is & it becomes less deadly.

We have to learn to live with it.

mjh

Unfortunately, whatever your opinion on all of the above, it looks as if we're highly unlikely to see any more hockey this season. Glad we got a chunk of games in before this situation. Hopefully we'll get a full season without interruption next year.

NathanG

I see a lot of hate on here and on social media towards individuals who choose not to get the vaccine. Why is that? If you're vaccinated you can still catch covid and spread it. If you're vaccinated, a person who hasn't had the jabs is as much risk to you as a person who has had the vaccine. So I really don't get the hate. Having the vaccine is the choice of the individual.

(I've had the 2 jabs)

NathanG

Unfortunately, whatever your opinion on all of the above, it looks as if we're highly unlikely to see any more hockey this season. Glad we got a chunk of games in before this situation. Hopefully we'll get a full season without interruption next year.
Of course we will, in February and beyond.

moggy#9

I see a lot of hate on here and on social media towards individuals who choose not to get the vaccine. Why is that? If you're vaccinated you can still catch covid and spread it. If you're vaccinated, a person who hasn't had the jabs is as much risk to you as a person who has had the vaccine. So I really don't get the hate. Having the vaccine is the choice of the individual.

(I've had the 2 jabs)
I'll tell you why. Because they're there reason this thing has gone on for two years. Because they're anti science rubbish and conspiracy theories have jeopardised the lives of the vulnerable. Because their refusal to act in the interests puts the our club and other organisations like it at risk.

I initially had a briefer response, which on reflection was too blunt. But I still have no runner for anti vaxxers.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Then the same will happen around december next season with another virus...just got to live with it like flu..

Jonesy83

(I've had the 2 jabs)
While having the vaccine as you say doesn’t stop you catching covid, the vaccine is designed to make your symptoms as mild as possible, so you don’t require any hospital care / treatment.
The point of any lockdown / vaccine is to help protect the NHS from being over run with patients needing care.
Less covid patients leads to less operations getting cancelled etc etc.
For me if people choose not to have the vaccine that’s there right to do so. But if it’s held against them anywhere in society, such as attending sporting events / traveling abroad etc, that’s something they can’t really complain about.

E.D.S.

While having the vaccine as you say doesn’t stop you catching covid, the vaccine is designed to make your symptoms as mild as possible, so you don’t require any hospital care / treatment.
The point of any lockdown / vaccine is to help protect the NHS from being over run with patients needing care.
Less covid patients leads to less operations getting cancelled etc etc.
For me if people choose not to have the vaccine that’s there right to do so. But if it’s held against them anywhere in society, such as attending sporting events / traveling abroad etc, that’s something they can’t really complain about.
Bang on! I don’t have “hate” for any one who is able to make a personal choice but when science tells us the benefits of the vaccines for society and the world, those that choose not to have them shouldn't have the same privileges of those that have made a personal choice to support science and society. No hate here.

It’s my personal opinion, as the Manics said, “this is my truth, now tell me yours”

Still dont understand mask exemptions. No one should be exempt from a face covering. A mask, a shield, whatever. Just cover up.

bb1

Cool. But what about those of us who work in crowded places?

I saw a comment on twitter that Hospital staff in England are effectively being asked to work longer hours and give up days off/holidays so they can treat people who have been having fun in nightclubs and football matches.

"Live with the Virus" seems to be the new "Taking Back Control".
With respect I really wouldn't believe what you read on twitter (as we know through the hockey community) or what we are seeing in MSM. Plus what can we do??? Shall we keep living under restrictions where people will lose their jobs?

If you work in a crowded place then I'd like to hope your employer has put something in place to keep the work force safe. I just had the virus over Christmas when I was off work and I barely saw anybody, I have no idea how I got it!?!?

bb1

Your absolutely right. They actually don't give much of a toss about any of us really. Rumor has it (AND IT'S JUST A RUMOR) that wales restrictions maybe dropped next week.

What a coincidence after the WRU put the pressure on with threatening to take games to England. If this RUMOR happens to be true than it really does show that politicians, first ministers etc... really don't give a toss about public health if a rugby union is able to influence their decisions.

moggy#9

Your absolutely right. They actually don't give much of a toss about any of us really. Rumor has it (AND IT'S JUST A RUMOR) that wales restrictions maybe dropped next week.

What a coincidence after the WRU put the pressure on with threatening to take games to England. If this RUMOR happens to be true than it really does show that politicians, first ministers etc... really don't give a toss about public health if a rugby union is able to influence their decisions.
The egg chasing lot, aka the taffia. ;-)

Diafol

Spot on bb1.
I've been saying this since the latest restrictions were imposed.

Missing out on the annual European P***-up Championship - sorry, the Six Nations - would be too horrific for the Taffia to contemplate.