steelers Vs Devils - CC Semi - 23rd Feb 22

Devil94

My money is the 27th March for the final.
Will be the 3rd game in 3 nights for Belfast. And the night before we play Sheffield at home. Not sure that's ideal for either team. Midweek might be the answer, as I'm sure Todd would like to fly the guys out the day before.

What a game. Each and every player gave their all and the result really did show that. The boys should be proud of themselves tonight.

Shout out to the travelling fans - we really could hear you loud and proud on the tv and you didn’t stop all night. Safe travels home.

Also - a classy post game interview by Skalde as ever - referring to the Steelers as a skilled hockey team. Sour grapes from Fox though who didn’t give any praise to the devils at all and referred to all our goals as their individual mistakes. I think they underestimated us!

Diablo3

I couldn't hope for a more comprehensive victory. 5-0 in their own barn. How sucky is that for our Orange brethren. Goes a long way to avenge the 3-2 defeat in the last one

Samael

Wow, wasn't expecting this scoreline. I missed the game tonight due to real life stuff but was expecting a close score and possibly an OT loss for us. Good to read Batchy get a goal, Mac get a shut out and to read the travelling red army were on form. Well done to all who went up both team and fans.

Kevlar68

Looks like March 16th according to this.
That date may have been before all the suspended and rescheduled games. Wouldn't be a problem for premier sport to change date, but if not wednesday is a crap day for a final and how many working people can get a few midweek days off at such short notice?

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Great win boys, seen the first period , looking forward to see the last 2 later...but also saw jono interview period break, talk about karma, he said steelers were the better side first period , that's why devils were 2 up.

ASHIPP

Due to work, I had to settle for Twitter feed updates. What a fantastic, emphatic win for the Devils. A shutout for Mac and our Guys at the top of their game. They absolutely deserve it for dogged determination and passion. They should be proud of themselves.
It demonstrates that this Team is capable of getting the results they need when it matters.

And what a thrilling experience for the travelling Red Army who sound like they were their usual awesome selves with singing and support. Am sure they were the extra man last night.

Steelers and Giants might be fighting it out for the league title in a few weeks....Cardiff Devils (along with other teams) can still make that journey a bumpy ride for them.

A thrilling final ahead to look forward to against the Giants, a team many detest more than the Steelers.

Last edited:
…………..BREAKING NEWS……………
Due to popular demand, and millions of hockey fans around the world laughing
Premier Sports are showing the 5-0 stuffing of the Road cones at 9am today and again on Saturday 26th at 9am
Tune in to watch and have a good laugh at a team in orange get totally outplayed and dumped out of the Challenge Cup