Flyers Vs Devils - League - 19th March 22

ASHIPP

This would literally have been a game too far (in distance) but it wasn't. Devils get a point in a very difficult place to play.
They are banged up, short benched and probably exhausted....a gutsy performance and should be appluaded for that.
A few days rest, recovery and planning for our Guys. They deserve a lighter schedule for a week.

Getting interesting now in the League. Steelers lost tonight. Devils 3 points behind. Yes Steelers have games in hand but still play Giants 3 times and Devils once.

Very proud of our boys, 3 games in 4 days. Losing the final on Wednesday was as draining emotionally as it was physically. Short benched but giving it their all. I won't ask for anymore than that. Get some rest in now and on to play offs!

jenks33

I’d have taken 3 points this weekend after the mental and physical exhaustion of Wednesday night. Really fancied us in the shoot out tho.

Wannabe2

Well done lads 3 points out of a possible 4 after losing a cup final shorthanded, and travelling to Belfast back to Cardiff and then off to Scotland do me a favour that’s amazing. Time for a hard earned rest now guys, you lads have done us proud, and for that thank you.

BostonBart22

Well done lads 3 points out of a possible 4 after losing a cup final shorthanded, and travelling to Belfast back to Cardiff and then off to Scotland do me a favour that’s amazing. Time for a hard earned rest now guys, you lads have done us proud, and for that thank you.
Yes 3 games in 4 days in 3 countries, they must be shattered, well done boys, couldn't give more.

kingmo19.1

This league is becoming less and less about the quality of the teams, and more about the schedule, injuries and general luck.
That would mean Belfasts achievement is even more outstanding as they have the most difficult schedule in terms of logistics/travel for every single away game versus every other team!

Injuries/general luck is in the hands of the gods for all teams.

It’s been a restricted season in terms of squad size but who cares - we’ve had a season and the restricted squad size made it happen.

Last edited:

moggy#9

That would mean Belfasts achievement is even more outstanding as they have the most difficult schedule in terms of logistics/travel for every single away game than every other teams!
Eihl championship brought to you by the letter "L" - luck and laptops? ;-)

They are undoubtedly a very good team, but I think that they are going to be flattered by circumstances.

kingmo19.1

I think they are starting to run away with it now - sad to say but clearly the best team this year. Us getting a laptop decision in belfast wouldn’t be changing the outcome of the league I’m afraid.

moggy#9

I think they are starting to run away with it now - sad to say but clearly the best team this year. Us getting a laptop decision in belfast wouldn’t be changing the outcome of the league I’m afraid.
I was being facetious. For what it's worth I agree. The Steelers have a lot of firepower, but their poor netminding has been their Achilles heel. Our slowness in solving our obvious flaws was ours.

BostonBart22

The way Belfast are playing they will take all 3 trophys and fully desereved..which i hope after foxs comments after our last 2 wins in sheffield..

BostonBart22

other coaches comments after our last 2 defeats...quote...
" We know they are starting with 4 D "questions must be asked why ? Our D not at full strength for at least 6 weeks while others are signing players still, come the playoffs we could still have 4 D...I know the players are playing their hearts out and cant ask for more , but cant go to the end of season with 4 D surley. Duggan was on last 2 gamesheets but didnt play, WHY? ...Really think if we still got 4 D in our playoff QF we wont be off to the finals... hope I am wrong,pretty sure other fans will agree on the 4 D debate..cant blame brexit and covid on this one can we..

moggy#9

other coaches comments after our last 2 defeats...quote...
" We know they are starting with 4 D "questions must be asked why ? Our D not at full strength for at least 6 weeks while others are signing players still, come the playoffs we could still have 4 D...I know the players are playing their hearts out and cant ask for more , but cant go to the end of season with 4 D surley. Duggan was on last 2 gamesheets but didnt play, WHY? ...Really think if we still got 4 D in our playoff QF we wont be off to the finals... hope I am wrong,pretty sure other fans will agree on the 4 D debate..cant blame brexit and covid on this one can we..
I'm assuming that this has to be some sort of budget issue given that Dupont and lammon are still on the books, and of course mikkelson and McNulty would still have to be paid. I don't know whether we have insurance to cover the wages of injured players. The other possibility is that we tried to get replacements, but no one suitable was available - which seems unlikely. Given that the league has been gone for a while, maybe they took a gamble on the cup and are hoping they'll be fit for the play offs.

Devil94

Mikkelson was also injured in an incident in Dundee a week and a half ago. He would have been in the plans to play in the final and in the run in.