Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

kettdevil1

UK hockey rumours has the deal to take O'Connor to Guildford as done
That would be a very interesting move. Clearly his move here was an unmitigated disaster but you don't play for the clubs he has and put up the numbers he has without being a half decent hockey player. Could be inspired by Flames or..... he will go and resurface in a random league in November.

The_Stick_

I think Guildford is the perfect place for BOC, he’s likely to be the “star” Defenseman and I do believe he will have a significantly better season than he did with us

moggy#9

I think Guildford is the perfect place for BOC, he’s likely to be the “star” Defenseman and I do believe he will have a significantly better season than he did with us
It's about expectations and style of game. BOC is far more of an offence first defenceman. His lack of situational awareness is shocking at times, I was amazed at how much ice time he and Erhart got for GB, as I don't rate either. He could be ok with a team that has no realistic expectation of winning the league.

moggy#9

Apparently the new hull team are saying they've signed two elite league netminders. It would be quite a coup for them off one was bownsy, but I can't see it.

jenks33

The more I hear from Dupont the more I get the impression that we may be surprised by the finalised roster. Well the forwards anyway. Every interview he says we’re going to be heavier but with tonight’s announcements plus possibly Sanford, Crandall, Cox, Brandt, Davies is that really a heavy group of forwards? I know that still leaves another 3 forward slots but that would possibly be two third liners and a fourth liner? With Dixon and Mcnally probably not returning (both are not huge but they do play a heavy game) so if that’s the plan those 3 forwards better be monsters to finalise our group of forwards.

Devil94

Using the very successful method of social media activity, Bowns most recent follow is Taran Kozun. That, along with the tweet from the accurate rumour account, pretty much guarantees for me Kozun will be back.

So that would mean sitting an import every time Kozun plays. And possibly a Brit sits every time Bowns plays? Hopefully Dupes manages that well, but I'm sure it will be decided by injury on most occasions anyway.

Rempel16

The more I hear from Dupont the more I get the impression that we may be surprised by the finalised roster. Well the forwards anyway. Every interview he says we’re going to be heavier but with tonight’s announcements plus possibly Sanford, Crandall, Cox, Brandt, Davies is that really a heavy group of forwards? I know that still leaves another 3 forward slots but that would possibly be two third liners and a fourth liner? With Dixon and Mcnally probably not returning (both are not huge but they do play a heavy game) so if that’s the plan those 3 forwards better be monsters to finalise our group of forwards.
But the last 3 forwards are Dustin Byfuglien and his brothers

Legin

Using the very successful method of social media activity, Bowns most recent follow is Taran Kozun. That, along with the tweet from the accurate rumour account, pretty much guarantees for me Kozun will be back.

So that would mean sitting an import every time Kozun plays. And possibly a Brit sits every time Bowns plays? Hopefully Dupes manages that well, but I'm sure it will be decided by injury on most occasions anyway.
Not correct, whoever gets the start the other will be on the bench anyway, with Ben signed we will be able to have an extra import on the ice as apposed to the situation when we had Caruth and Kozan (2 import goalies)

Devil94

Not correct, whoever gets the start the other will be on the bench anyway, with Ben signed we will be able to have an extra import on the ice as apposed to the situation when we had Caruth and Kozan (2 import goalies)
Yup, of course. Thanks.

So we're probably looking at 4 import d-men, leaving 9 import forwards.
Brandt - Davies - Duggan as a possible 4th line.
Waller on the 3rd with 2 new imports. And then the 4 wingers on the 1st/2nd line