Jesenice Vs Devils - Conti Cup - 19th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

E.D.S.

Swearing at players (middle fingers up against the glass aimed at Devils players), swearing in general and acting like idiots in general. Multiple people were complaining and still nothing done…
We had the joy of cardiff fire in our block yesterday… spilling pints, smashed and swearing. Lovely lads.

Devils86

3-0 win for the Devils. Sandford with another good finish for the 3rd.

Security:
Couple weeks back - the Friday game against Panthers - I brought a couple friends who usually come to CHL games. As we might have gone out after, I decided against wearing a jersey. 3 of us, no jerseys, drinks in hand - we were hounded whenever we got up (seats at the back of the block) to go to the bar, or the toilets etc (always at breaks in play). Never had anything like it.

But tonight a group of 10 or so, most completely out of it, feet up on the seats, heckling the Zamboni driver, high pitch whistles throughout game when puck in play. One bloke whilst puck in play vaulted 3 rows and the bar at the front, walked over to the Devils bench and tried the door to get in! He even asked Kozun to let him in! Same fella in the break went and got another drink and then did a drum solo at the top of Block 4.

Nothing done.

Security like the Stripes this season.

RedDevil17

But tonight a group of 10 or so, most completely out of it, feet up on the seats, heckling the Zamboni driver, high pitch whistles throughout game when puck in play. One bloke whilst puck in play vaulted 3 rows and the bar at the front, walked over to the Devils bench and tried the door to get in! He even asked Kozun to let him in! Same fella in the break went and got another drink and then did a drum solo at the top of Block 4.

Nothing done.

Genuinely see no point in having security. Ruined the game for me. Pathetic. Like I said, beer money is clearly the preference over fan enjoyment.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

3-0 win for the Devils. Sandford with another good finish for the 3rd.

Security:
Couple weeks back - the Friday game against Panthers - I brought a couple friends who usually come to CHL games. As we might have gone out after, I decided against wearing a jersey. 3 of us, no jerseys, drinks in hand - we were hounded whenever we got up (seats at the back of the block) to go to the bar, or the toilets etc (always at breaks in play). Never had anything like it.

Nothing done.

That guy had been abusing someone on the Devils bench throughout the game, giving him the finger, telling him to F off, then at one point he got up and started banging on the plexi next to the players bench! This gang of drunken yobs (and there were more than 10 of team) were spoken to 3 or 4 times by security and were allowed to stay in their seats, continuing to act like idiots and dishing out abuse. It’s totally unacceptable. Tonight, IAW security let down the fans, by allowing these idiots to ruin the game for those sat in the vicinity. There really has to be a zero tolerance policy with incidents like this. Step over the line and you’re ejected from the arena, simple as that. Absolute pathetic security tonight.

Last edited:

Devils86

That guy had been abusing someone on the Devils bench throughout the game, giving him the finger, telling him to F off, then at one point he got up and started banging on the plexi next to the players bench! This gang of drunken yobs (and there were more than 10 of team) were spoken to 3 or 4 times by security and were allowed to stay in their seats, continuing to act like idiots and dishing out abuse. It’s totally unacceptable. Tonight, IAW security let down the fans, by allowing ease idiots to ruin the game for those sat in the vicinity. There really has to be a zero tolerance policy with incidents like this. Step over the line and you’re ejected from the arena, simple as that. Absolute pathetic security tonight.
6/7 of them are sat in front of me on the bus....joy of joys.

Hopefully they aren't there tomorrow. On that point I'm genuinely surprised that the arena is so empty.

Maybe if we host the final then people will come. Can imagine it's been a financial failure for the Devils this weekend

Devil94

In the video posted by the club just now on the locker room, there's a guy in a suit who I don't recognise. Does anyone know who he is? He stands next to Dupes and Horn likes he's part of the coaching team.

Rhyan48

In the video posted by the club just now on the locker room, there's a guy in a suit who I don't recognise. Does anyone know who he is? He stands next to Dupes and Horn likes he's part of the coaching team.
Think it’s the new goalie coach they have brought in

Earnie

What bad behaviour being reported tonight! Shameful

Great game and performance by the team .Well done all of you. Done the business with a game to spare.

Hockeymad

Well done boys 2 great wins keeping the haters quiet haha.

Our pp Is terrible mind 0/4 again tonight.
On the plus side a shut out and hopefully qualification.

Upthedevils

kettdevil1

Tremendous game of hockey and a superb atmosphere (security issue aside). Have to agree with the praise for Brittain, he was my MOM tonight and it’s good to see Jardine beginning to get back to where we know he can be at. The Ducs supporters were a very welcome addition to the rink and like a few people, I am mystified as to why the rink was so empty tonight, it’s so good to see such slick hockey and even better seeing the Devils deservedly win

Samael

This incident happened in my block. They were spoke to at least 4 times and still nothing done - what’s the point of having security if no action is taken? Ruined a good game with an excellent atmosphere but that’s what you get when you advertise group bookings. As long as Kelman gets his beer money though then all is ok I suppose…
Be careful what you say, you'll upset the resident arse lickers who post here day in day out.

As August says, zero tolerance needs to be enforced. I suspect security are not trained to handle such situations though or simply not paid enough to be bothered.

Glad to read we got another convincing win though and some people enjoyed it.

Last edited:

The_Stick_

I believe we have already qualified! A win for Angers tomorrow puts them on 6 points, level with us. We would need to get at least a point from the Zemgale game to guarantee Top Spot. I’m not sure what the tiebreak criteria would be, but if it is head to head then we will top the group regardless of tomorrows results!

BostonBart22

A goalie coach! Not heard of that.
A spare import player would be good.
Our goalies are doing fine as they are.
Maybe this new coach has put some good in training, bowns and kozun looked comfortable this weekend and that worldy save from bowns was something special, please put it on the highlights, good to see 60 min. Hockey by the devils 2 nights running, our defence has improved as well conceded 1 in 2 games, few players improving as well at the right time, and all this with 2 imports down, can't fault the efforts.. didn't see the idiots spoiling the game for the fans and if it were the cardiff fire boys surely that will be dealt with, these incidents may jepodise the final at the IAW unfortunately ..

terry hunt

I sit in Block 19 and had no problems so far this weekend.There were quite a few assorted european fans and they were great.I didnt see any problems from my Block.The fans opposite seemed to be Angers fans who looked like they were having fun but no bother.
Does anyone know who this group is the club must know from the ticket sales.Sorry to say they could be angry welsh fans after the defeat
to Georgia.
The problem with Cardiff Fire can surely be sorted by TK and Devils management.

Devil94

I haven't seen any crowd issues either, in fact I think it's been great. If people want a crowd like a theatre audience then maybe live sport isn't for them. Except snooker perhaps.