Devils Vs Ducs - Continental Cup Final #1 - 13th Jan 23 - 19:00 FO

moggy#9

No more than they bloody deserved. That was a f***ING pathetic performance. I'm bloody sick of seeing a devils team that's unprepared for big games. We should have murdered that ducs team, they're well below eihl standard.

Hedd Wyn John

Probably THE worst penalties I have ever witnessed a Devils team take. Aside from the first one taken all of the others went massively wide, gave their keeper the angle and then shot straight at his leg pads. Oh well roll on tomorrow.
They had a strong goalie but they didn't make him work much in the shootout.

Still a solid performance overall.

Wannabe2

Well in fairness we got what we deserved in that game, we were total crap against a shit team. Imagine watching this garbage every week, the crowds would be 20/30 at most. Anyway the better team won and at least the french commentary was a huge upgrade on the Belfast garbage.

voth26

I don't know why we aren't going more glove height against their keeper as he is known to have a weak side there and looks quite exposed up high for a tall keeper. Does anyone know if this goes to penalties or just OT?!? If so I hope we go high on him with our shots.
In all fairness I know a lot of people are saying we should be doing better than we are BUT we are playing on a larger Ice Pad which is something we tend to struggle with quite often. Think some of the defence have had a bit of a mare if I am honest. I won't name names just yet.
Why not name them now if your going to name them later?. To be honest Euro style doesn't suit us, it doesn't allow for any physical play and that's where we struggled

Earnie

I definitely didn’t watch the same game as some on here. First period theirs. Second period ours. Third period mainly ours. Overtime ours apart from a goal. Shootout level after first round. - could have done better.

moggy#9

Why not name them now if your going to name them later?. To be honest Euro style doesn't suit us, it doesn't allow for any physical play and that's where we struggled
Even without a physical game we'd have been ok if we could pass and shoot. All season long our passing had been terrible. It's a big reason the pp is so awful. The picked go to the skates rather than the stock and did the shots are slow.