Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

moggy#9

The new netminder will be arguably the most consequential signing of the summer. Get it right and we're potentially contenders, get it wrong and we're in the chasing pack.

Devils86

STEELERS | Marco Vallerand will start next season in orange, no not a jumpsuit although being sentenced to another year in HMP House of Rust is a tough punishment.

(Can't bring myself to paste the link for fear of nearly watching what has been reported as a terrible announcement video, and I don't have any bleach to hand for my eyes)

Swarley

STEELERS | Marco Vallerand will start next season in orange, no not a jumpsuit although being sentenced to another year in HMP House of Rust is a tough punishment.

(Can't bring myself to paste the link for fear of nearly watching what has been reported as a terrible announcement video, and I don't have any bleach to hand for my eyes)
I've seen the video, it's what I imagine a creepy guy sounds like when he's luring young kids into his van.. Its disturbing.. Very very disturbing...

kettdevil1

Goodwin departs Giants (surprised by that) and this guy comes in https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/132016/ara-nazarian
The last two signings really sum up the differences between the two organisations concerned. Re-signing Vallerand smacks of laziness. In my eyes it was quite clear that he wasn't the player he was in his previous spells here yet they still turn to him.

Contrast that with Belfast who have gone with a younger player who appears to be on the up and who has very decent numbers in the ECHL.

It might turn out that Vallerand re-finds his mojo and Nazarian is a busted flush but..... to me this is the difference between a Championship team and one that has lost its way.

Oh and the Vallerand video is the creepiest thing I have seen this year.

AJ73

The last two signings really sum up the differences between the two organisations concerned. Re-signing Vallerand smacks of laziness. In my eyes it was quite clear that he wasn't the player he was in his previous spells here yet they still turn to him.

Contrast that with Belfast who have gone with a younger player who appears to be on the up and who has very decent numbers in the ECHL.

It might turn out that Vallerand re-finds his mojo and Nazarian is a busted flush but..... to me this is the difference between a Championship team and one that has lost its way.

Oh and the Vallerand video is the creepiest thing I have seen this year.
Honestly quite surprised Sheffield are running it back this year with Fox and same core players. Not entirely sure what their management are seeing in their roster! Kevin Tansey looks a handy signing though by all accounts!

Wannabe2

Tansey looks class, Vallerand still looks dangerous, Steelers will be up there of that I have no doubt, Dowd is the best British player. They will still be one of the teams to beat.