Booth and Devils part ways.

Finny

I think that I mentioned on another thread that the only explanation for booth's lack of games was that he was on his way out. I think booth was expected to be a besky level elite goalie, but he ended up being no better than kozun.

Now that the nhl camps are over I fully expect us to bring in a very good replacement very quickly. There is no question IMO of us having bowns shoulder the majority of games, that's simply not practical with where the league us now.
Same thoughts here. When his signing was announced I was very excited at him coming here. His stats were very similar to Besko albeit with a bit less experience - but he was also a lot younger.

However, in the limited number of games I saw I have to admit he wasn't what I was expecting. He made some huge saves.....but he also left in a couple of real softies. And it looked like he was getting some of the basics wrong.
You expect a bit of rustiness - but when he stopped playing in the CC games I think that showed he was either injured or something was up. And the rumours suggested the latter.

Shame though that it never worked out for both parties.

Kevlar68

Experience is forever but fitness and speed isn't.
Bowns has been playing much better than last season but at some point he'll need to be replaced so is it better to run with tandem netties ready to step in to bowns shoes or wait till it's to late and scramble to find a replacement?

jenks33

I disagree. I firmly believe that you don't won't the league with a single high quality goalie. But I guess we'll see.
Surely we won’t go for Preece or Hedley. Completely different playing for Dundee compared to a contender. Belfast have got Whistle and although Morrone is clearly the number 2 in Sheffield he’s got some good experience in Slovenia and France. Also Greenfield is 4 years younger than Bowns and played 60 odd games in all comps last season, Bowns can’t do that anymore. Eventually our back up is going to be relied upon this season and Preece/Hedley won’t be good enough.

AJ73

I disagree. I firmly believe that you don't won't the league with a single high quality goalie. But I guess we'll see.
I personally would prefer a 1b Goalie to replace Booth, but I think we may go down the GB backup route.

Based on Alderson coming in - who do we let go from the Roster with everyone fit?

moggy#9

I personally would prefer a 1b Goalie to replace Booth, but I think we may go down the GB backup route.

Based on Alderson coming in - who do we let go from the Roster with everyone fit?
I think the assumption is that we're carrying spares in the expectation that we'll have injuries. Additionally, come the continental cup we'll be able to ice 4 full lines when we're not bound by the stupid eihl squad rules.

ASHIPP

Very disappointed to see this. Booth's signing in the Summer generated a lot of excitement. This young man could also have played for Team GB. Let's hope this decision is mutually beneficial or it could return to bite our Club.

Whatever the circumstances of Callum's departure, he should be wished nothing but the best and good luck for the future....as a successful starting No1 goalie somewhere.
He never had a true chance to prove his worth despite a solid start.
Now the Devils need to ensure that Callum's replacement is as good as he is.

Mooney#16

Not commented on Booth until now but as soon as he let in 3 goals in his first 5 mins on his debut his time here was in doubt. He had a question mark on him and did nothing in his remaining time on ice to remove that and I dare say has done little else in practice to do so either. Just turn’s out he wasn’t that good a goalie least of all with the assured presence of a No 1. Once confidence is gone in a Nettie there’s no way back.

I did say when signed I didn’t see him being better than Kozun as he simply hasn’t played enough games at any level to have a mature enough game.

Look forward to Devils getting a Nettie to balance duties with Bownsy. Anthony Peters maybe. No idea how I have this ditty but his girlfriend is Sidney Crosby’s sister I think. Step one of the Crosby to Cardiff plan.

moggy#9

Not commented on Booth until now but as soon as he let in 3 goals in his first 5 mins on his debut his time here was in doubt. He had a question mark on him and did nothing in his remaining time on ice to remove that and I dare say has done little else in practice to do so either. Just turn’s out he wasn’t that good a goalie least of all with the assured presence of a No 1. Once confidence is gone in a Nettie there’s no way back.

I did say when signed I didn’t see him being better than Kozun as he simply hasn’t played enough games at any level to have a mature enough game.

Look forward to Devils getting a Nettie to balance duties with Bownsy. Anthony Peters maybe. No idea how I have this ditty but his girlfriend is Sidney Crosby’s sister I think. Step one of the Crosby to Cardiff plan.
Peters is listed as assistant coach at Florida Everglades and retired from playing.

Very disappointed to see this. Booth's signing in the Summer generated a lot of excitement. This young man could also have played for Team GB. Let's hope this decision is mutually beneficial or it could return to bite our Club.

Whatever the circumstances of Callum's departure, he should be wished nothing but the best and good luck for the future....as a successful starting No1 goalie somewhere.
He never had a true chance to prove his worth despite a solid start.
Now the Devils need to ensure that Callum's replacement is as good as he is.
Looking at his stats he hasn't played a lot of games for a few years and has moved around quite alot, hopefully he will get picked up by a team where he will start regularly

kettdevil1

Wonder if will kerlin wants to play for us again, a brit eihl experience with panthers..why not ?
Hmmmm I have seen him twice at NIHL level and he had a nightmare on both occasions... it could be I am his unlucky charm of course....

I am sure it will be someone from overseas, it will just be interesting to see if it is a challenger for Bowns or a backup