Cup semi

E.D.S.

Budget cap aside (as I genuinely don’t care anymore) I can’t think of a more rounded team than Sheffield in the Elite league era. All personal opinion of course. Even when Belfast did the Grand Slam recently they weren’t as strong as this team. Obviously theres more of the season to go but just in terms of the look of the team… they look huge, they can all skate well, they all look comfortable under pressure and with the puck. It’s an impressive team to watch.
Makes me hate them even more :D

Wannabe2

Steelers have lost 4 games out of 29, they have scored 21 more goals than us in 1 game more, and conceeded 23 less in 1 more game, scored 33 more than Giants in 1 game less and conceeded 24 less in one game less. At the moment they are in another league and another class. Yes maybe they are buying the league, something that we know about only too well, many moons ago I may add, but their webcast is also the best, certainly broadcast quality in every aspect. It’s a tough call praising the very club that I dislike intensely, but in fairness they certainly are ( number one ) yuk that’s left a sour taste in my mouth.

ASHIPP

Blaze shouldn't beat themselves up over the result of this game. Look who they were playing! Coventry did well to qualify for the semis, a feat neither Giants or Devils could achieve. Steelers are a different skill class to the rest of the league this season.
Whatever the financial debate going on around the recruitment, there is no denying they are impressive. They are exciting to watch. They deserve the league title....rewind a few years to our team doing it.

Finny

Budget cap aside (as I genuinely don’t care anymore) I can’t think of a more rounded team than Sheffield in the Elite league era. All personal opinion of course. Even when Belfast did the Grand Slam recently they weren’t as strong as this team. Obviously theres more of the season to go but just in terms of the look of the team… they look huge, they can all skate well, they all look comfortable under pressure and with the puck. It’s an impressive team to watch.
Makes me hate them even more :D
I'd agree that they are currently looking better than Belfast's (final) roster last year - but I still think they aren't a patch on the team we had in 17/18 or the Giants in 18/19.

The one question mark over this Sheffield team is whether they have the depth, but it's looking like they will be starting to add spare imports as we approach the transfer deadline.

kettdevil1

I would agree and I would also add that they haven't actually won anything yet. I completely accept that they are heavy favourites for the league but until the end of the season I don't think we can make any broad statements about this team. Both our team and the Belfast team the following year were great teams - at the moment Sheffield are only potentially a great team

Wannabe2

I would agree and I would also add that they haven't actually won anything yet. I completely accept that they are heavy favourites for the league but until the end of the season I don't think we can make any broad statements about this team. Both our team and the Belfast team the following year were great teams - at the moment Sheffield are only potentially a great team
Well if they ain’t great, what the hell are we, very average I suppose, and very average teams won’t be catching these guys. And that’s not negative it’s called reality

Wannabe2

I will tell you what we are at the end of the season - far too early to call it
Lots of guesses mate, too early to call except it won’t be league champions, unless we sign a team of Harry Houdinis,so runners up, bronze place, same as last year, or halfway heroes. If we should win the play offs that would be the biggest get out of jail card.

RedDevil17

I firmly believe Sheffield will do the grand slam. They’ve spent the money and built a very strong team all around. Whether they’ve broken rules or not, who cares? They’ve shown ambition: something we’ve lacked for years when it comes to winning league titles. Correct me if I’m wrong but the last time we won the league was the 17-18 season? Roughly 7 years ago.

Typical Devils.

I'd agree that they are currently looking better than Belfast's (final) roster last year - but I still think they aren't a patch on the team we had in 17/18 or the Giants in 18/19.

The one question mark over this Sheffield team is whether they have the depth, but it's looking like they will be starting to add spare imports as we approach the transfer deadline.[/QUOTE

Steelers rumoured to be signing Patrick Harper as they load up the depth chart in the final push for the Grand Slam!