Recent content by backrow

1. B

Nice Tribute To Former Devil's Player

Found a good video link. Steven Dixon and Joey Haddad made video comments during the game also.
  2. B

Nice Tribute To Former Devil's Player

https://www.saltwire.com/cape-breton/news/in-photos-chris-culligan-jersey-retirement-night-at-cape-bretons-centre-200-in-sydney-100791750/
  3. B

Webcast a go-er.

Who are the Devils broadcast team this season?
  4. B

Chris Culligan

Culli was interviewed on CBC radio about his #7 jersey being retired and he spoke highly about his Cardiff days. Chris Culligan Jersey Retirement | Mainstreet Cape Breton with Wendy Bergfeldt | Live Radio | CBC Listen or...
  5. B

Chris Culligan

All through his career Culli was a "team player" willing to play whatever role the coaches wanted. He loved to set up plays but honestly felt that preventing a goal was just as important as scoring one or setting up one. He was first class on and off the ice!
  6. B

2019 - 2020 Roster ...

CaldicotDevil, when I watched the Leafs victory over Boston on Monday night and saw Mitch Marner block the last 2 shots of the game I was reminded of Culli's 2 shot blocks in the last minute of a Challenge Cup victory. I'm certainly not comparing the 2 players but am comparing their team first...
  7. B

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Temme said, Couple of things i'd say; Stephen Dixon is the best 2 way player i've seen in a Devils uniform & it's fantastic to see the team vote him in as their player of the year. Sorry Chris Culligan & i'll probably get a bit of heat for that one. He also deserves an award for "consistently...
  8. B

Fournier goal of the season contender

It seems fitting somehow that Chris Culligan was mentioned in this thread about a Goal of the Year. I look back fondly and remember things like the winning goal in the first Challenge Cup, his goal that ended up as #4 on TSN's Plays of the Year, 2 blocked shots in last 40 seconds of 2nd...
  9. B

Faryna Leaves

While almost all teams would love to add another skilled player and scorer, the reality is that only so many players end up getting coveted power play time. A team is really fortunate to have genuine team first players that are willing to play any role that they are asked to; 3rd line, 4th line...
  10. B

Devils Vs MKL - 25 Nov 18 - League

Right now, I don't think things are as good as they were cracked up to be!
  11. B

Lack of atmosphere

Tough to win when you have to spend all that time and energy killing that many penalties!
  12. B

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Interesting fact, Stephen Dixon and Chris Culligan were teammates in Culli's 16 year old rookie season with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Dixon was Eagles' team captain that season as Culli was 4 year's later.
  13. B

Chris Culligan

In his first year of coaching, Chris took a position as an Assistant Coach with his old Major Midget team the Cape Breton Tradesmen in the Nova Scotia Major Midget Hockey League. The Tradesmen team were coming off a very disappointing 2 win, 4 point season the previous year that probably cost...
  14. B

Devils v Giants - Sun 4 Mar 2018 - Challege Cup Final - FO 6pm - Chat/Udates

I believe that the Devils' real strength is in the depth of their lineup, so I'm not a big fan of shortening the bench and overplaying certain individuals. I'd much rather see players give 110% for 30 to 40 seconds and change quickly. We've seen this strategy have negative results in individual...
  15. B

Hockey Fans insight required

done Will we see the results?