Recent content by Hedd Wyn John

1. Hedd Wyn John

New CHL Jersey

Still can't order from the UK even though a brexit deal was done. Think I'll give it a miss.
  2. Hedd Wyn John

Cardiff Bay “Masterplan” including a 15,000 seater arena!

Belfast has a population of 343,000 if Wikipedia is to believed and a metropolitan area of 631,000 so comparable to if not bigger than Cardiff. I'd also argue that Belfast in terms of hockey has an advantage in that it lacks a major football team. They've got nothing comparable to Cardiff City &...
  3. Hedd Wyn John

Season Over ?

Assuming the covid vaccine can be rolled out to most the country by the end of summer then I can see hockey back on in September.
  4. Hedd Wyn John

Cardiff Bay “Masterplan” including a 15,000 seater arena!

Cardiff Blues were getting on average 7300 fans back in 2018/19 at Cardiff Arms Park. Now that's a sport with a much bigger following and exposure. So as much as I'd love to see it, it's hard to see crowds that big for a Devils game. I remember Todd saying that an extra thousand seats at IAW...
  5. Hedd Wyn John

Government Announces Rescue Package

Way I see it looking at the stats Wales, England & Scotland all have some of the highest covid death rates in the world. NI has probably done the best out of the 4 Home Nations but that's probably more down to geographical factors than leadership. I don't think any of our politicians have come...
  6. Hedd Wyn John

As I suspected the UK Government package was for England only: “After further discussions with Sport England and DCMS, we have been advised that the funding allocated last week relates to teams in England only, with separate funds made available to the devolved authorities under the Barnett...
  7. Hedd Wyn John

Sport is devolved so any rescue package for Wales would have to come from Welsh Government.
  8. Hedd Wyn John

Sport is devolved in Wales, Scotland & NI so I’d imagine it’s down to the devolved governments to announce funding for teams in their countries.
  9. Hedd Wyn John

Money generator for the club .....

EIHL gets £4 million apparently.
  10. Hedd Wyn John

Indeed channels can make extra money from paid sponsors but in order to make worthwhile money these typically have tens of thousands of viewers at least.
  11. Hedd Wyn John

while an expanded Cardiff DevilsYouTube content is a great idea from the fans of perspective it’s not really a money spinner. YouTube channels basically make money through adverts and to make any kind of decent revenue the channel will need tens of thousands of regular viewers. It just wouldn’t...
  12. Hedd Wyn John

New Jerseys

Gone and ordered a black Jersey. Jersey's without sponsors are rarer this design looks sharp.
  13. Hedd Wyn John

New Jerseys

Haddad looks a safe bet since he's modelling them.
  14. Hedd Wyn John

New Jerseys

So many choices.
  15. Hedd Wyn John

Fie adolfson moves on

Shame to see Fie leave, social media engagement has come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years.