Recent content by jenks33

1. J

Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Thanks for uploading this. I was at this game and I’ve never watched it back. Great memories.
  2. J

That would be great thanks. Another thing I remember about this Newcastle game ( I think it was this match, it was definitely against the cobras but it might have been another match that season) Newcastle forget their shirts or there was a problem with their shirts so they had to borrow some...
  3. J

Have you got the last league game of 1996/97 season by any chance? The superleague winning season. I know we lost to Newcastle on the night but I’ve never seen that game back or the celebrations on the ice afterwards. I’m pretty sure it was live on sky sports
  4. J

What’s your choice

Chris Brant (Bracknell) PC Drouin (Bracknell + Nottingham) Scott Young (Ayr) Ed Courteney (In his Sheffield days) Greg Hadden (Nottingham)
  5. J

Mike Hedden ....

Funny how we see things differently. Hedden frustrated the hell out of me. I appreciate his stats were decent enough but he just went through the motions in my opinion. Came to us on the back of 3 good seasons in the DEL and I expected more. In fact I remember speaking to somebody who was part...
  6. J

Joey Martin interview

Nice to hear that it rains there more than Cardiff and it’s way too expensive. We wouldn’t want him liking it there too much!
  7. J

New Devils coach found!

Looking through Skalde’s CV there are plenty of Devils links. Looks like he played with Ziga Svete during his time in Slovenia. Played with Linglet, Mike Garrow and Regan Darby in Utah. Played with Frank Evans at Las Vegas Thunder. Played with John Parco at Belleville Bulls Coached A.Hotham...
  8. J

New Devils coach found!

Fair play Steve you’re always good for a clue. I was looking through EliteProspects for any coaches with the initials OJ or coaches with a surname of Simpson, Faryna or Bieksa. I was miles off
  9. J

New Devils coach found!

His nickname is Juice
  10. J

New Devils coach found!

A good CV and he comes across very well in his interviews. Just a shame we have to wait so long for him to get started. I see he coached Carl Hudson and Andrew Hotham In Cincinnati. You’d assume they were asked what they thought of him. Although that was at the start of his coaching career to...
  11. J

New Devils coach found!

I’ll be very surprised if it’s Hendrikx. Didn’t Kelman say a while ago that we had 70 or 80 interested candidates and some of the CV’s were very impressive? So you’d have to be surprised if Hendrikx was the stand out individual. If we were still in the BBT and we were mid table mediocrity then...
  12. J

New Devils coach found!

Exactly this. The main reason I’m surprised we appear to be announcing a new coach next week is cost. Let’s be honest his first competitive game is likely to be September 2021. It’s cot a criticism I’m just a bit surprised
  13. J

New Devils coach found!

Yeah I agree. I didn’t expect to hear an announcement about a new coach until next year. I know there’s talk of the league possibly starting in Feb but no chance
  14. J

Joey Martin on a One Year Deal to Norway

Wish him all the best but hopefully he doesn’t like it there too much.
  15. J

Bowns Departure Confirmed By Devils

I think we’ve probably already signed Ben Davies. There have been a few whispers that he’s coming back and I think Guildford would have announced him by now. I’ll be surprised if Bownsy’s replacement isn’t North American