Recent content by jenks33

1. J

New Devils coach found!

Looking through Skalde’s CV there are plenty of Devils links. Looks like he played with Ziga Svete during his time in Slovenia. Played with Linglet, Mike Garrow and Regan Darby in Utah. Played with Frank Evans at Las Vegas Thunder. Played with John Parco at Belleville Bulls Coached A.Hotham...
  2. J

New Devils coach found!

Fair play Steve you’re always good for a clue. I was looking through EliteProspects for any coaches with the initials OJ or coaches with a surname of Simpson, Faryna or Bieksa. I was miles off
  3. J

New Devils coach found!

His nickname is Juice
  4. J

New Devils coach found!

A good CV and he comes across very well in his interviews. Just a shame we have to wait so long for him to get started. I see he coached Carl Hudson and Andrew Hotham In Cincinnati. You’d assume they were asked what they thought of him. Although that was at the start of his coaching career to...
  5. J

New Devils coach found!

I’ll be very surprised if it’s Hendrikx. Didn’t Kelman say a while ago that we had 70 or 80 interested candidates and some of the CV’s were very impressive? So you’d have to be surprised if Hendrikx was the stand out individual. If we were still in the BBT and we were mid table mediocrity then...
  6. J

New Devils coach found!

Exactly this. The main reason I’m surprised we appear to be announcing a new coach next week is cost. Let’s be honest his first competitive game is likely to be September 2021. It’s cot a criticism I’m just a bit surprised
  7. J

New Devils coach found!

Yeah I agree. I didn’t expect to hear an announcement about a new coach until next year. I know there’s talk of the league possibly starting in Feb but no chance
  8. J

Joey Martin on a One Year Deal to Norway

Wish him all the best but hopefully he doesn’t like it there too much.
  9. J

Bowns Departure Confirmed By Devils

I think we’ve probably already signed Ben Davies. There have been a few whispers that he’s coming back and I think Guildford would have announced him by now. I’ll be surprised if Bownsy’s replacement isn’t North American
  10. J

Bowns Departure Confirmed By Devils

As a few of us said last week there are mixed emotions on this one. A sad day when you think of everything Ben has done for the Devils but I think it's the right time for him to move on, For Ben personally and for the Club. As he alluded to in his interview he's got nothing else to win or prove...
  11. J

Grazzers99 release netminder ....

He’s definitely off isn’t he. I’m a bit 50/50 on this one. First of all what a signing he’s been for the devils. I don’t think anybody could have predicted how much of a success he was going to be when we signed him from Hull. And a great character too. He always comes across well in interviews...
  12. J

Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

More great memories. We were a bloody good side that season, to be fair Sheffield were the best side though and won the league easily. Nice to see Travis Brigley playing for us. Crazy to think a couple of years after this he was in the same team as Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne etc
  13. J

Mike McNamee returns for season #2

You get the feeling there’s more to come from McNamee (if the season gets going). He impressed last season and 34 points is a decent return. I think he showed enough at times though to suggest he can do even better
  14. J

Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Always get a bit emotional when I watch a flashback match at the wales national ice rink. I loved that place. Wasn’t the prettiest or the biggest rink but I’ve got so many good memories of that place and what a fantastic location.
  15. J

Signing announcement

I’ll be very disappointed and shocked if it’s Thompson. Todd and Steve have spent enough time on twitter and the inferno to see how the fan base feel about Paul Thompson. I’m not sure why they would want to jeopardise their good relationship with the fan base with a very risky appointment. As...