Recent content by John 1927/1986

1. J

Devils Website

I don't wish to start a process of adding claim to counter claim so I will just say again that all members of CDSL have acted with complete dignity throughout discussions concerning the Stakeholder Group. I certainly value the conversations I have had with them. The Stakeholder Group continues...
  2. J

The Red Army

I don't think I can add too much more to Andrew's post above (but I probably will because I can talk for Wales). Just to give some background, the Red Army Stakeholders Group how now met 4 times. Much like what is currently happening on the ice, being involved in the Stakeholder Group has been...
  3. J

Next Years Team

Apologies...confusion caused by me.... Weller or another import in his ilk rather than 2 separate players. So Blight - Faulkner - Import = 3 Batch - Macrae - Import = 2 Nell - Davies - Max = 1 Weller (or someone like him) - Richardson = 1 Smith - Import = 2 Adams = 1 Netminder = 1
  4. J

Next Years Team

Apologies for some Monday morning ramblings.... I would be of the mind that we need to upgrade in 5 or so import positions (working on the hypothetical that Stu and Blight might come back) - and would agree with much of what Finny has said in terms of the type of players required to move the...
  5. J

Chinese Whispers - but it seems that Mo wants back in

It was a rumour in the summer...but seems to have come to light again.
  6. J

Chinese Whispers - but it seems that Mo wants back in

Social media can be a dangerous tool when it comes to rumours - and i'm not a big one for spreading them or believing them; but it would seem that a few of his ex team mates are commenting on Steve Moria's desire to return to the Devils in the Operation Manager's role. I'm a bit of a sucker for...
  7. J

favourite and least favourite player

Another great thread.... Favourite: very hard to split between; Steve Moria Doug McEwen Stephen Cooper or...Rick Brebant. Completely appreciate that i'm in a minority of one but admired his 'win at all costs' attitude whilst in Durham and loved it for a season in Cardiff. He could score...
  8. J

The: They were gone too soon game!

Really interesting thread...and a great brain testing exercise!! I've not got for the best - but possibly the most obscure 'less than' one season wonders.... Netminder: Chris Newton (89/90) D-Men: Bill Taylor (86/87) - Tony Circelli (97/98) (Honourable mention to Jamie Vander Horst 94-95 as...
  9. J

All things being equal...we still need another Brit forward?

Re: All things being equal...we still need another Brit forw Did he? Not that i'm doubting you - my computer was having difficulty buffering the interview so I don't think that I caught it all. I was working on the basis that at the 2 fan events this summer, G seemed to suggest that he would...
  10. J

All things being equal...we still need another Brit forward?

Morning All, With Chris Blight's signing today, it looks like we might have recruited a player to light the lamp on a more consistent basis - something that was noticably missing last year after Pelle's departure. Indeed, the 2 new import signings look pretty impressive - adding to the...
  11. J

Chris frank playing Forward

My bold - we have also been told that Jamie has a bullet shot (some early signs in last game at BBT). What was his role on the pp at the game last night? Vanderveeken was paired with Kenton on the second power-play unit...with Matzka, Hill and Frank as the forwards. Richardson and Max...
  12. J

Chris frank playing Forward

Frank was only playing forward on the second powerplay unit with Matzka and Hill with the remit of trying to get the net and screen the netminder (he didn't actually do it that well to be honest). Specifically, in this game, Frank was used in that role to directly replace Voth. However, G has...
  13. J

G

I think that is probably quite a fair assessment. The 3 year plan and the Sheffield model of investing in Matsos for the long-term have been mentioned at various times as reasons why we should continue to suppport G's development as a coach. The home form this year has been fantastic - but...
  14. J

Tony Hand to play for Nottingham?

Gary Stefan - temporarily signed from Slough - 1994 European Cup? John
  15. J

Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Fantastic result... Thanks lads - I needed a lift after that late Forest equaliser. As Gazza says - that's one down in the Skydome in our 'league title drive' of winning at least 2 out of the 4 games in the arenas of each of our major rivals. Next Sunday becomes another huge game...and it's...