Recent content by kettdevil1

1. kettdevil1

Benti retires

Agree, that is the biggest shame, one of the best signings as he (along with Ulmer) brought a winning mentality to the team. Hopefully next season something can be organised for say thank you. Good luck in the future to all the Bentiviglios
  2. kettdevil1

Playoffs

That would be my guess and actually.... it could be good fun if there is a bit of a change in format.... anyone remember the old Trafford tournament that used to open the season. That was always a blast
  3. kettdevil1

Cardiff Devils 2019/20.

My best guess was that we would win the league but maybe not the playoffs and for me, that would have been a very good season. At times this team has been as good as I have ever seen. Some of the CHL games contained hockey of a level that I have rarely seen and we can count ourselves a little...
  4. kettdevil1

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

Fair play, I’ll chalk that one up. I am still not a fan but he has been a great fit in Sheffield and despite a lot of their fans currently moaning, for me they have overperformed this season and Vallerand has been a big factor why. I can’t be bothered to trawl back but I think I said that if we...
  5. kettdevil1

Panthers vs Devils

I am sure you will tell him this when you see him later , maybe he will tell you our record under him compared to every other team in the league. I rarely respond to such detailed analysis but whilst I assume you are either having a laugh, a supporter of another team or have been mortally...
  6. kettdevil1

Blaze Vs Devils - 23 Feb 20 - League

Blaze have not lost in regulation in the last 12 games.... this is going to be a tough one....
  7. kettdevil1

Dixon

Difficult to argue, consistent with other bans
  8. kettdevil1

Season tickets?

The clubs meet every July to decide on fixtures and bar a few tweaks this fixture list stays the same for the season. Fixtures and face off times are a negotiation between teams and they also take into account more immoveable problems such as availability of ice, travel and traditional face off...
  9. kettdevil1

DOPS Changes

Playing Devils Advocate here but was it really that bad? Agree it was mistimed but the way it was described I thought it was similar to Bertuzzi on Moore.... definitely worthy of a ban but if O’Connor sits for 2 for sticking someone in the face then 3 would seem the absolute maximum.
  10. kettdevil1

Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

I wouldn’t disagree with the lack of chances but in perspective, we won 4 of those 6 games which is a decent return (I think your figures were before yesterday?) The problem is that Sheffield have been on a superb run and 4 out of 6 is not going to catch them. Having watched Sheffield a lot this...
  11. kettdevil1

Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

I think pessimism is normal for sports fans. I take the point about Haddad but leaving aside Coventry (who are not going to win the league). We are the second top goal scorers. Sheffield are definitely in pole position but to repeat myself, they keep beating the odds and I really do not think...
  12. kettdevil1

Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - 26/01/20 - League

Currently 2-1 Blaze you could be right...
  13. kettdevil1

Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - 26/01/20 - League

I wonder if Whistle will be given the start....
  14. kettdevil1

DOPS Changes

It is indeed and gives some very useful background about those making the decisions. I like the transparency and hope this will help going forward. I still want to know what happens to DOPS over the Christmas period though, for the last three years we have had barely a ban around that time, in...