Recent content by Midlands Devil

1. M

Panthers vs Devils

We player really well in the first tonight. After that, and the shorty, we fell apart. Messing about in our zone and turning it over. PP was poor. It was pretty embarrassing. We need a leader. Herr was in the ref’s ear all game, as always. Didn’t see that from our leadership group. We looked...
  2. M

Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

With two Devils players in the top 40 scorers in the league, one of whom is Fournier, it’s pretty obvious where the Devil’s problems lie. I thought it was a decent game last night. Pelech grew into the game and was throwing his weight around. He became a big factor. Didn’t see the Haddad...
  3. M

Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - 26/01/20 - League

Pretty sure he blocked a shot with his hand/forearm. He was definitely wincing and shaking his hand as he came off that shift.
  4. M

Mountfield HK vs Devils - 5 Sept 19 - CHL

Mountfield pressured us all over the place, especially in our d zone - they had us running around and out of position on many occasions. They were excellent in this aspect - forcing VERY long shifts - and we didn't help ourselves with the chipping out of the zone, especially in the long change...
  5. M

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

39 games in the past two seasons raises questions too. Can he handle the rhythm of the EIHL and cup competitions?
  6. M

Blaze Vs Devils - 31 Mar 19 - League .. decider?

Gutted last night and still today. It didn't start very well with the people directly behind me in Block 7 kicking over a pint which spilled down my seat (wet rear for the whole game) onto the floor, wrecking my vape which was underneath my seat and trainers, as I had to sit in a pool of lager...
  7. M

Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Jan - League

No complacency. Fast start. Take the PP chances - and Panther's discipline will drop. That's been the case on a number of occasions this season (not so much against us). Key to the game is get a couple goal lead.
  8. M

Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - Sun 15 Oct 2017 - C Cup - FO 5:15pm - Chat/Updates

I'd bet a pound to a pinch of pwp the highlights don't show the awful cheap shot from Paquette on Faryna. That was as bad as Keefe's blind side elbow which sparked out Conboy. I'd be staggered if Paquette doesn't get 3+ games for that. Also - there was a bad elbow to Joey Martin's head right in...
  9. M

Devils Vs Manchester Storm - Sun 24 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

Very much in agreement with Milky's post. Lord regularly mentions the Penguins, in terms of speed, skill and team toughness. I think Lordo bases his team identity on the Pens (clearly, not at the same level, but using the same strengths). Thing is, the Pens have just brought in Ryan Reaves...
  10. M

Devils v Steelers - 05/03 @ 16:00 - CC Final - Chat/Updates

Russky You could always save yourself some cash. Don't buy a HDMI cable, just transfer the one you have going into your Sky box (linked to your telly) into your laptop. Hey presto.
  11. M

Derrick Walser ...

That was not an accident. He skated around for the final 20 seconds of the anthem. He could have stopped. The guy is an arsehole. Plain and simple. Made me really angry last night. Our boys should have served him up. His "apology" is not required or wanted, as it's nothing more than a sop to...
  12. M

Devils sign Patrick Bordeleau

That's one hell of a signing. Now up to us fans to pack IAW every game. Huge thanks to the ownership group and staff for getting this done. Will contribute points, and act as a huge deterrent to other teams' big boys. Would rather see him play and put up points, like Biz did when he was with...
  13. M

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

I see the Devils roster as an indication that we're going to play a "Pittsburgh"-type game. Speed, skill, lots of scoring and a seriously sharp power play. Lord has mentioned the Pens in a number of his interviews, and how the NHL game is changing. Whilst all the other teams are hiring...
  14. M

Devils @ Coventry -29th November- 5:15PM- Chat

Would agree with KettDevil1. We looked tired last night, and if Blaze's fans and subsequent club PR are to be believed, that was their best performance of the season. Thought Blaze played well, collapsed quickly when we had zone-time and pressured our players, forcing numerous turnovers and...
  15. M

Cardiff Devils @ Steelers- Sun 13th September- 5:00pm

I was there last night, and the momentum swing, within the first couple of minutes, didn't help. Sheffield were clinical and looked fast and slick in transition. We had a bad night, which just kept getting worse. Don't think the size of the ice was an issue. The quality of the ice may have...