Recent content by Ocko

1. O

EIHA want to ban abusive behaviour.

The EIHA and EIHL are IMO to blame for the criticism refs often find themselves getting. Both EIHL and EIHA leagues don’t know what they want to be. They want the league to remain a North American style of hockey but they ref it like European leagues. Every big hit is a hit to the head, we’ve...
  2. O

Devils Vs Giants - League - 22nd Jan 22

It’s usually around 2-4 for the 2nd tier Euro leagues. Which, IMO doesn’t give him even a look. Euro teams want to bring in experienced imports so assist their own youngsters and he is nowhere near the ability of those imports. He could maybe go to Alps league or whatever it’s called these days...
  3. O

Devils Vs Giants - League - 22nd Jan 22

I can. He’s got wheels but is still some way off the complete package (his hockey sense needs work). He will be 23 at the start of the new season, the junior boat has sailed and whilst we’ve been surprised how good he can be he isn’t going to a top European league with those stats. Who do you...
  4. O

Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final 2nd Leg - 19th Jan 22

Which weekend or date would you have used? There isn’t much availability in the schedule at all now.
  5. O

Riley Brandt added as injury cover for Lammon

Other than being on the short side, I don’t see any similarities at all with Vez. Completely different players. Bit of an ignorant comparison IMO.
  6. O

There’s not been many games we’ve had a full roster available so I doubt it’s going to be an ongoing issue.
  7. O

It’ll help he’s small. He won’t be getting called for making hits on smaller players which is what seems to happen to anyone over 6 foot. Big player hits small player = check to the head in the EIHL.
  8. O

Harewood leaves the bees

He’s got previous for this in the US.
  9. O

Latest News

Amazing they’ve done this really. I didn’t see many, if any, season ticket holders moaning at being given a webcast in lieu of being able to go to games. I think everyone understood the hand the club had been dealt so absolute kudos to them for doing this, they didn’t have to.
  10. O

Devils Vs Storm - League- 5th & 8th Jan 22 - Rearrangement Spectacular

You are right about equipment changing, however most players don’t change their shoulder pads very often. A lot are still using the ones they had from their last junior seasons, most actually like to have as little padding as possible for mobility purposes so go for the lowest profile pads. I...
  11. O

To me the fighting side of the game represents a bit more than just the entertainment of seeing blokes punch each other in the face. I’ve played in leagues that allow fighting (before I’m corrected I know it’s not ‘allowed’, but you know what I mean) and the physicality shows the togetherness of...
  12. O

He had no need to do it, but it was fun. He had reason, it’s hockey. I miss things like this. The game is so boring now. Who cares if it kicked off, I would’ve loved to have seen a brawl. Those are the things that galvanise a team and bring them together. 3 fights all year for the devils, what...
  13. O

Six Nations to be played behind closed doors

Me. Sounds better than watching at home.
  14. O

Sports village consultation

What’s the issue with what they’re doing?