Recent content by OJLloyd

1. O

Retro Night Jersey...

I am sure I am about to annoy a lot of people on here, but I prefer the new logo over this original logo. I was also a small child when the club used the original logo, so maybe my affinity with the "middle" logo is based on my being able to support the team more during that period. That being...
  2. O

2024/2025 season ticket

The point you have made works the other way round - discount prices offered based on age are discriminatory. So concessions are discriminatory by their very nature, because I can’t get an OAP concession because I’m in my 30’s. This is why the Equality Act permits discrimination for certain...
  3. O

2024/2025 season ticket

It is a bit of a reversal of fortunes based on a number of factors. As you say, many people are in the same position as you and find it difficult to understand concessions at all. But it requires a shift in public perception of older people to really change that. And seeing as how, generally...
  4. O

2024/2025 season ticket

The idea behind concessions for older people is based on the assumption that they are less well off than younger, working age people. It is not a reward for loyalty or simply attaining an advanced age (concession prices apply to anyone of that age, not just people who can prove they have been...
  5. O

Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Little bit surprised by the lack of fight from Guildford tonight. Very good performance from the Devils. Finding the right pass and shooting when it’s there (most of the time). Not expecting too much after going 4-0 up, so not overly surprised it’s somewhat calmed down. More good news that we...
  6. O

GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

No, but it’s extremely interesting that you believe UKIP are extremists. A failure to personally understand the Welsh language on the part of any individual does not decrease its value to the heritage or marketability of Wales as a nation, or certain organisation within Wales. Rather, these...
  7. O

GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Ah yes, why utilise the Welsh language. What a silly thought that would be. Some of you on here have an absolute hard on for being anti-Welsh language, and you come across as rather silly. I think the ice hockey forum would prefer you keep your politics BS to you and your UKIP mates in the...
  8. O

Nomads Vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 12th Jan 24 - FO 20:00

Unfortunately, we are reaping the rewards of recruiting a completely imbalanced team and a lack of quality where it matters. We were spoiled by players with NHL, DEL, KHL etc experience who were winners. The gamble on players being able to play up, rather than playing down, has failed. We...
  9. O

Return of Chucky....

What a player. I feel like he’d still put up some numbers in the EIHL
  10. O

Storm Vs Devils - League - 6th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Still very lightweight in that there was almost no physical play hit wise etc. But there wasn’t a need to looking at the scoreline and the fact that Storm weren’t exactly setting the world alight. Tomorrow is the big test. We will need to be more of a threat physically to get an advantage over...
  11. O

Ahh that explains that then. He’s not a terrible commentator (ahem, Belfast) it just sounds a little disconnected. This would be why.
  12. O

I really hesitated before paying for this. Pleased we’re winning, and we had at least two very good other opportunities (save and post respectively). To echo others, this is very much a game for the purists. The physicality is non-existent. I expected something early for a little pick me up...
  13. O

Blaze Vs Devils - League - 3rd Dec 23 - FO 17:30

I am, I admit, somewhat concerned about some of our frailties throughout the ice. We can be quite goal shy in some games, or at least easily kept to the outside which allows the opposition keeper a nice easy save. The way around this is either laser passing or speed. I am not sure we are top...
  14. O

Devils Vs Nomad Astana - Conti Cup - 17th Nov 23 - FO 16:00 (15:00 UK)

That's just poor, poor stuff to not only give up the turnover in their defensive zone but to hang Bownsy out to dry like that. Not a good performance at all.
  15. O

Devils Vs Nomad Astana - Conti Cup - 17th Nov 23 - FO 16:00 (15:00 UK)

It's a lot easier to be calm about a game when you're watching it in the office, but this is certainly not our best showing. Poor in a number of areas.