Recent content by osh

1. O

OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

As a minimum, I would like to see 4 new forwards with size on their side and who won’t be knocked of the puck so easily as happened to our current smaller players this season. 2 new Defencemen who will stand up for their team mates and not hide when the going gets tough ( similar to Mark Louis )...
  2. O

OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

Ashipp, normally agree with many of your posts, but in your view only 3 changes for next season ?? Way off the mark I think. Personally I think we must be looking at a minimum of 6/7 new faces.
  3. O

Devils Vs Giants - PO Semi Final - 20th April - FO 19:00

Quite apart from tonights performance…..very happy to see the end of this season. Let’s face it, although we ended up 2nd to a good Steelers team, the standard of play in the league as a whole is poor compared to recent years. There is no getting away from the fact we recruited poorly and this...
  4. O

Congratulations Steelers

Yes, deserved congratulations to Steelers. Easily the best team in the league this season, even though we were able to perform so well against them on occasions, which is hugely frustrating and proves how inconsistent we have been all season.
  5. O

Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

Praise where it’s due….I’ve commented before when we have played like a team who didn’t recognise each other on the ice, but last night was a complete transformation from recent performances. Everyone looked up for it and proved that we can be entertaining and a team others will be very wary...
  6. O

Devils v Flyers - League - 16th Mar 24 - FO 1900

players going through the motions tonight…..and I mean loose motions, they were shit.
  7. O

Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

very true…also, funny how ‘some posters’ mostly only post when we win, hardly ever post when we lose, or criticise the team when it’s clear to see they are playing way below expectations Eh ? Well done Devils, a win is a win as they say, good 4 point weekend.
  8. O

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Be careful with so much criticism being aimed at our owners ! There is no doubt they are passionate hockey fans and saved us at a time we needed supporting the most. I hardly think the Cardiff Devils Hockey Club make them vast amount of money / profit. The Devils are more of a hobby for them I...
  9. O

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

No surprises with tonight’s performance from us really. Let’s face it, our recruitment of players has been poor from day one for this season. Now, no doubt others will say that our budget does not allow us to bring in higher paid players that the likes of the Steelers are able to do which is...
  10. O

steelers Vs Devils - League - 23rd Dec 23 - FO 19:00

Made the mistake of going to the game in Sheffield and it only confirmed my thoughts from when the roster was announced. No physicality, poor recruitment ( nowhere near the quality we have had in previous years ) thought PR might bring about change, but I suppose he can only do so much with...
  11. O

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

One of the new arrivals nursing a knee injury by the looks of things !
  12. O

Keep or Can

Christmas ? Give them 16 game which include the settling in period of the pre season friendlies, if any of our players aren’t up to it by then - irrespective of newcomers or any of our established players - then we need to look to bring in one or two newbies to improve the team. You cant win...
  13. O

Which new player are you looking forward to seeing play

Replying to Simple question ….. albeit with tough answers, so here goes. personally, I will be looking at every newcomer who is replacing those from last season. after watching what we were subjected to last season, any new player will be under the microscope simply because they are supposed...
  14. O

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

I wont be going to any of the friendlies…..but in fairness to the club, it’s more about the team bonding than the amount of fans turning up. 6 games will give PR plenty of time to experiment with lines and decide who plays where with who !
  15. O

3rd August

Sorry to disagree here Steve…but your comment ‘ small minority’ etc is stretching it a bit, ? I ‘d say the ‘vast majority’ - the opposite of a small minority - judging by the responses are against the rebranding ! Having said that, it shouldn’t in any way alter the performance of our team...