Recent content by pjj365

1. P

Glasgow clan

in his interview for Elite Series TV Todd suggested if numbers were restricted to 2/3rd it would not work for Cardiff and maybe only Nottingham and Sheffield (don't remember him mentioning Belfast but I guess they would fall into the same category) So I guess apart from watch this space if 2/3rd...
  2. P

EIHL Webcast

In the 2 Ales podcast with Sally Ben said he'd like another year abroad and then back for life
  3. P

Lord wins

It strikes me that all teams at this level have coaching problems You coach s system and then lose a cog in that system or get a new player wished on you Not unique to Lordo but he'll need to get used to it more than many coaches
  4. P

One of Ours

agreed - I just checked
  5. P

If we get a season 21/22

Why pubs when you have Tesco and Sainsbury open 'till 11 and numerous corner shops - usually till 10ish And this is my concern for a season. This is one area the council/police are not working to constrain the spread. Last time this happened they banned alcohol sales after 4pm and it helped - so...
  6. P

Elite Series

Not watched yet but I thought the commentators were being provided by the home team so last nights would have been that rare bird commentator nottinghamus - if I'm right
  7. P

If we get a season 21/22

That's what I "heard" as well
  8. P

Elite Series

This is turning into a private conversation! But my first UK hockey match was Storm v Devils mid week at Nynex in corporate hospitality. I remember the great Cardiff support and my host and I were the only ones in the corporate boxes singing the anthem - to the embarrassment of our colleagues...
  9. P

Elite Series

Agreed, though with a wife who's an original Storm can i could not support any other team. Even so did not fancy watching all Storm games so bought Storm v Blaze and Storm v Panthers then see where we go
  10. P

Elite Series

so which team are you following for all their games - or do I not need to ask!
  11. P

One of Ours

think not - they're hanging in there - it's top 4 in conference based on points %
  12. P

Lord wins

But still 3rd in conference for a place in the playoffs
  13. P

The future of the Elite League and its teams

Think you're right I also guess that for game night to be viable then wider use of IAW would be needed - particularly on the staffing front and to give a decent return on the ice plant use (given Devils don't pay for ice time)
  14. P

The future of the Elite League and its teams

That makes sense but it will not just be reduced revenue for some clubs but the risk of alienating long standing fans for clubs with ST sales in excess of 1k - how do you decide who can/can not attend At the moment we are all in this together but if clubs have to "select" attendees a class...
  15. P

Elite Series

Interesting interview with Ryan Finnerty - looks like he's not expecting players signed and playing overseas to come back. Also sounds like there'll be a salary cap Draft is Monday so not long to find out Sorry can't find the link now