Recent content by Scott

1. S

All change for the League

Silly, money-orientating idea... The geographical split idea is a good one, but sadly it just isn't going to work. Not with 10 teams, and not with all the 'lesser' (no disrespect intended) all being 'Northern'. This is going to leave no real winners. If Belfast play 'North', they will walk the...
  2. S

More good news

I feel the same way. Max has been a brilliant player to watch over the years and I hope he remains as effective as ever.
  3. S

Crazy Changes at Nottingham

Pretty crazy move. Normally I'd give a coach a lot of respect for having to make a tough decision like this, which fans may not like, but when it's for the benefit of the club. I can't see how this benefits the club in anyway though. Weaver has had his best days, and going with a 3 import D...
  4. S

Bari McKenzie becomes a Devil.

Potentially very good signing. Hopefully not at the expense of Richie, Hill or Sam though. We need all the quality Brits we can get.
  5. S

The big ups and let downs...

Neither team wanted to give anything away and clogged up the neutral zone - made it difficult for either set of forwards to get clear cut chances, and probably a dire game for neutrals watching. Still, at least you could see effort from MacRrae and Matzka, especially in getting back and helping...
  6. S

Final - Devils Vs Panthers - Sunday 8th- 4pm Chat / Updates

Re: Final - Devils Vs Panthers - Sunday 8th- 4pm Chat / Upd Pretty gutting to lose a final again, but this year we were really up against it... Down an import, against an already more expensively assembled team with home ice advantage. We did really well to keep it as close as we did, and...
  7. S

Devils Aviod Rugby Clash - 17 March

You can't please everybody. Personally for me, I now can't go lol (midweek games are tricky). There seems to have been a lot of weekends with no games at all recently.
  8. S

Stingrays v Devils - 29/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Stingrays v Devils - 29/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Upda Lyle likes to rush out on penalty shots... I think that works well on big ice, but IMO it makes him easier to score against on our small ice at home. Regardless, the only penalty shot we scored was one by Max. And that wasn't in a...
  9. S

Cheaper Ticket Prices

From planet ice... you can get them £6 + booking fee from the Devils student site.
  10. S

Good result for Devils

4th certainly looks possible right now.... long way to go yet, but have been pretty happy with recent performances.
  11. S

Cheaper Ticket Prices

Most people buy season tickets to save money... The club has to find a balance between offers to bring newbies in, and keeping the majority of STs happy. As a student STH, I am being particually hard hit, with tickets being offered at £6 EVERY GAME. Any email to Ragan about this matter are...
  12. S

New look shirts ???

I really hope the switch from CH to Rhino was worth it... They look cheap, and mistakes like this prove they probably are very cheap. Personally, I haven't got a shirt this year + have stopped spending £4/match on shirt off his back. Thinking about it, that's a lot of cash lost off me.
  13. S

Devils v Stingrays - 23/11 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Stingrays - 23/11 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Upda Lyle has been good this year. He's still letting in the occasional softy, but that's to be expected with a British goalie. He's kept us in lots of matches. On big ice, he's very good at shootoutss - he comes out, rushes the shooter...
  14. S

Chris Frank

Whilst I feel Frank is due a ban (for taking sooo many misconducts), the reason for this ban are kinda silly. Bannister clearly wasn't injured - it's a shame the multi-angles cameras didn't pick him up skating around perfectly. As has been mentioned previously, this should have been downgraded...
  15. S

PAUL RAGAN

Nobody really knows the financials of the club besides him so none of us know if getting a new player in is an option... IMO he's made some questionable decisions, but right now he's the best we got. He's got a job to do and we should support him as best we can.