Recent content by The_Puck

1. The_Puck

Signing announcement

Paul Thompson is the Jose Mourinho of hockey. Very successful in his early management, however his tactics are outdated, the players don’t want to play for him, the fans don’t want to support him and he always brings negativity with him.
  2. The_Puck

Signing announcement

Todd did say in an interview that our assistant coach would have to based locally because of budget restrictions so i can't imagine us bringing someone overseas to be our assistant coach. And there's no way we would even think about Thommo, we want to make fans, not lose them.
  3. The_Puck

Upcoming season thoughts

CHL will be delayed another month I reckon. Germany has banned sports including ice hockey until November and they have 4 CHL spots I think. I reckon we will fly players in during November, play the CHL games and then have pre seasons against other EIHL teams until magic 5 weekend starts.
  4. The_Puck

New season = rebuilding season?

It was a joke! I put a winky face at the end of the sentence! Aargh. :(
  5. The_Puck

New season = rebuilding season?

You might as well go for Dick and Dom, they’d be more entertaining ;)
  6. The_Puck

New Coach.....

Where we are as a club now, we shouldn’t be relying on ex players to take over as our new coach. Let’s not forget the only reason Lord was our coach was because we couldn’t afford to have a bench coach. I don’t think we can take a risk on an ex player without coaching experience. It has worked...
  7. The_Puck

New Coach.....

Why do people keep thinking Linglet or Mo will be our next coach. Pandemic or not, we will go for a new coach from a different league who has strong connections with our owners and Todd.
  8. The_Puck

20/21 Squad

Lordo won’t be announced as he’s already in contract with us.
  9. The_Puck

The future of the Elite League and its teams

@Kevlar68 I see where you are coming from but you're not fully understanding what i am saying. Firstly i am from planet Earth, which i assume is the same planet as you. Yes temperature checks won't tell you whether you have Covid or not, however they can give an indication of it. They cost...
  10. The_Puck

No you missed the point i was making. It wouldn't take hours to get in because there's no social distancing by then. All the doors that are open after the games can also be open to let people in, not just the main arena entrance through reception. All there needs to be is a simple hand wash that...
  11. The_Puck

We can’t live in a bubble until a vaccine is found. That could take years and the economy would be destroyed. The government’s job was to keep the peak as low as possible whilst not destroying the NHS, which they did successfully. Now they’re slowly opening society as we know it whilst keeping...
  12. The_Puck

Rumour mill

Why would the management team say he’s coming back. He signed a 5 year contract last year where he can leave at a certain point every year if he wants to. No news is good news
  13. The_Puck

20/21 Squad

To be fair, this guy gets 9 out of 10 predictions correct. Clearly has his contacts...
  14. The_Puck

20/21 Squad

I’ve heard from numerous sources that Ben Davies is coming back. That makes more sense with Bowns leaving now.
  15. The_Puck

Awards

With the new import rules and bench sizes next season, he will be playing consistent 4th line hockey next season for us. Duggan, Myers or Batch will have to move up to the 3rd line aswell.