Recent content by the_todd

1. the_todd

Parking

Well, if fans like me who live in the city have a more attractive public transport offer then the knock on effect is it lessens the load on the car park which benefits those who need to drive in.
  2. the_todd

Parking

If only the owners of both the rink and the pool also owned some sort of public transport company, perhaps a bus company, who could alleviate the issues by increasing the frequency of the number 9 bus on days they know both facilities have big events on?
  3. the_todd

Devils Vs Flyers - League - 14th Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Luckily I'm married to a woman who loves hockey, so we'll both be there!
  4. the_todd

GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

I remember even the Edinburgh Capitals managed to arrange a preseason tournament called the Gardiner Cup in 2009 and got two AHL teams involved. It was an amazing weekend of hockey - seeing the AHL sides take on Edinburgh and Belfast was a real step up in quality. I've no idea how the Caps...
  5. the_todd

Devils @ Capitals - Jan 26th, 6pm - Chat & Updates

Hey Devils Fans, Close match last night - either team could have won but you took your chances and you won the match and deservedly so. It was a good clean game too - by the time the first penalty was called midway through the second I was beginning to wonder if either team was going to get a...
  6. the_todd

Worrying News for the Capitals

I don't deserve any praise, I've stopped going. I see it as throwing £15 a week into a dying business - although I was amongst those deciding to come back this weekend (even though we've not won a game in 10 months). It's not only the GM we've lost, it's also a major financial contributor and...
  7. the_todd

A quick glance at the Caps forum should answer that*. Some had finally been tempted to come back for this weekend's home match but have promptly changed their minds. Others have said this Sunday will be their last. Unless Scott Neil's promised (but still 24 hours late) statement is an amazing...
  8. the_todd

Sigh. How long is a week in Hockey?! What's more annoying for us Caps fans? The fact we've lost our GM, the manner in which we lost our GM, or the fact the club haven't told the fans we've lost our GM? In fact, if the news hadn't been printed in a newspaper today I'm sure we'd never find out...
  9. the_todd

Just to keep everyone who cares up to date Last year Scott Neil was the owner, GM, coach, PR man and did just about every back office job at the club - a sure way to make sure nothing gets done and no way for a business to operate. As of now: Matthew Tailford and Scott Neil are directors of...
  10. the_todd

Devils v Capitals - 29/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Because it's ourSNL team for a kick off. And it's not individual clubs who are blocking it, it's the league itself.
  11. the_todd

It still leaves us short benched and with only 4 imports, I wouldn't expect much better than a huge winning margin. These guys ITC cards were only approved late last night it seems, so they haven't trained with us yet. It also seems the SIHL is hellbent on stopping us signing 2-way contracts...
  12. the_todd

Well, here's a turnout for the books. In the last 5 minutes it's been announced we're icing two new imports tonight - a new netminder and new D-man. In related news, the new shareholders and investor should be finalised in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Light at the end of the tunnel!
  13. the_todd

Having spoken to the man, I can categorically state that he cares deeply about the Capitals and the fans of the club. How he can turn this around, if he can, is a different matter but there's no doubting how much he cares.
  14. the_todd

Tonights (sunday) games

Ahem. 12-2 thank you very much. :lol:
  15. the_todd

What team shold we field against the Caps?

Elite League rulebook: In other words, the 18-1, 15-1, 9-0 results will count for nothing in determining who wins anything, other than personal stats.