Louis. - no ban - but penalty increased

It's really embarrassing, what Klotz did to Bordy. Punching someone unexpectedly from the bench just wouldn't happen in the NHL. Makes our league look terrible to a new guy like Bordy. Klotz doesn't belong here. He's a waste of an import slot for the Blaze and he's making enemies all over the league.

Klotz may as well have taken the 5+ Game himself, because Louis' reaction was a direct result of Klotz acting like a little pu**y.

I agree that it sets down a marker but let's have a look at the two situations that Louis has now stepped up. Stewart with a nasty hit into the boards, Louis steps up and receives 2+2, we concede PP goal. I know, this was only a friendly. 2nd situation, Bordy receives a cheap shot, Louis steps up and receives 2+10 (subsequently upgraded). I love this guy and always love the players who allow the flair players to do their things. Think that Louis needs to just be a little cleverer in how he goes about his business otherwise his actions are counter productive and he will spend too much time in the bin or suspended

Have Hope#35

I agree that it sets down a marker but let's have a look at the two situations that Louis has now stepped up. Stewart with a nasty hit into the boards, Louis steps up and receives 2+2, we concede PP goal. I know, this was only a friendly. 2nd situation, Bordy receives a cheap shot, Louis steps up and receives 2+10 (subsequently upgraded). I love this guy and always love the players who allow the flair players to do their things. Think that Louis needs to just be a little cleverer in how he goes about his business otherwise his actions are counter productive and he will spend too much time in the bin or suspended
If we hadn't have been 4up at the time I may have taken slight issue with it but as it was I was glad that he showed the Devils weren't going to stand for those kind of tactics! I think he's a very clever player who is capable of making the right decisions.

If we hadn't have been 4up at the time I may have taken slight issue with it but as it was I was glad that he showed the Devils weren't going to stand for those kind of tactics! I think he's a very clever player who is capable of making the right decisions.
We were 4 up, but really quickly that became 2 up and possibly a momentum turner. Don't get me wrong I agree with you about laying down a marker, I just don't want it to the detriment of the team. From me own personal view I would have preferred waiting to get the guilty party of the original punch/stick from the bench which it appears was either Noble or Zajac and put them in their place. Each to their own though, it is apparent that after much deliberation this is a step up from last year (Hendrikx) some fantastic passes for goals, sublime skating for a big guy and ready to lay down the marker. I just hold that fear that better teams than Blaze will see this flaw and take advantage of it.

I'd rather lose the game and show that we won't tolerate that shit than let one of our players get sticked in the face and carry on as if nothing happened.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rob Batch

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Throwing a game for the sake of revenge would be crazy. I really enjoy the hard physical side of the game, but, with the quality of the team we have this year, I believe we have to be smart about how and when we use it. Impetuous illigal hits only hands the advantage back to the opposing team, whereas biding your time and landing several heavy legal hits sends the message with no time spent in the 'box'. We can't allow other teams to 'yank our chain' as it were.

KaneDevils

Is it really that easy to think, yes my mate has just been punched/sticked in the face in front of our rivals bench and is being humiliated in the process, but ill keep calm and seek retribution for him at a later date.

Come on! Think about what your saying. I wouldn't want to lose a game instead, but if your mate gets sucker punched then get the son of a bitch back before he has time to think.

Rob Batch

Controlled aggression should be the order of the day. Make it work to your advantage. Silverware is the priority and it's a long season. Play smart.

KaneDevils

But sometimes, in the heat of the moment, you can't help but act spontaneously. Especially when a team mate gets sucker punched or sticked.
If bordy had of been hooked, I'd agree with you.