Giants v Devils - 01/10 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

The Giants have a webcast available for this game and it's only £4.99 before midnight on Friday! All the details can be found here: https://live.belfastgiants.com/ - it's usually pretty good so it's worth looking at if you don't want to watch text scrolling across a screen, otherwise...

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

WE need texters for this game so if you can help out or know someone who can please get in touch - PM me or text MNL on 07527 625206.

Haven't heard yet whether our usual Giants fands who have helped us out at MNL for a number of seasons (David M & Dorothy) can help us again

Really tough weekend starting with this game, I have a feeling Bordy, Batch and Louis might have a busy night tonight, hopefully we can just keep our focus and stick the puck in the back of the net

ASHIPP

Delighted to see that J Schmeijkal (sp) is reffing in Belfast tonight. His is the best standard of officiating seen in this league for a long time.

Hopefully Devils will be their usual gritty, tenacious style....but use their hockey smarts to stay disciplined and in control.

Rob Batch

I'm really looking forward to this game. The webcast is reasonable at £4-99 earlybird, the beers are chilled and I'm ready to go! The Giants have a very strong team this year so I reckon it will be a stern test for our lads. Being an optimist, I believe we can roll them over and continue to gel into the best team in the league! Cum on you Devils!!!

Slartibartfast

Well deserved win by the Devils. The Giants are a very good team with but I thought that the Devils dominated for large parts of the game but just could not bury the puck. Asselin is going to score a lot of goals this season.

That is some character to come back from 2 down in Belfast and win. We are looking really good, but it is still very early days and this is a marathon of a campaign. Teams fear us!!!!

Devil_Abroad

I had a feeling we were going to win in O/T

And 2-2 after 60 mins [emoji23][emoji122][emoji1605][emoji1420]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Took guts to hold their nerve and make that o/t chance count. Belfast is one of the most difficult places to get any points.

Well done Devils. A very important two points tonight.

kettdevil1

Cracking game of hockey, loved (almost) every minute of it and the OT winner was soooooo sweet.

I suspect lots of credit will go to Haddad, Martin and Benti but for me the longer term significance might be the form of Fournier and A Hotham. Both were excellent going forward AND defensively. If they start hitting top form, this really will be a scary team.

Great performance. We could have easily been up by 5 after the 2nd if we took our chances. We look so slick this year!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wildthing74

So far we have gone into Nottingham,Sheffield and now Belfast and outplayed them for long periods.The guys conditioning and fitness seems to be key and what a difference when we used to struggle on the big pads.
This team has it all we just need a bit of luck and stay healthy and it could be a cracking season.