Quick question about fans\players

Thread starter #1
I know in America and canada ice hockey is number 1 sport.
But do they take time to meet fans have dinner and go bowling etc like they do over here?
Is it just the eihl that does this?

The players seem happy and it's nice for us fans too so thought I would ask.

Not really,they may do the odd fundraiser but it’s like our football here, you don’t see Harry Kane bowling with some of the Spurs supporters club, sad really but that’s how it is,how ever year ago I watched the Canucks at an open training session where the players did hang around afterwards for around an hour and sign autographs pictures etc.

Depends on what level. NHL players don't on the whole do bit events like that. They do some nice stuff for fans but it's usually with a load of cameras following them around they aren't approachable like over here. Think Premiership footballer.

However in the minors, AHL and ECHL do similar things, maybe not to the same degree or as much on some team but on the whole there is a decent amount of fan interaction. These players are fighting to get the NHL so they are keen to show what good people they are as much as hockey players.

SteveKing

Here in Calgary, the players are very active in the community. The Flames owners make that a priority and Mark Giordano as captain leads by example. Giordano won the Muhammed Ali man of the year award for athletes in any sport. So the players do a huge amount of work in the Calgary schools, with disadvantaged kids and for many other charities. So not as many "fan" events like our bowling night but they are very much out in the community just like our Devils are.