Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

AHL minimum salary is 47500 USD. They have a huge schedule with terrible travel. EIHL can offer decent salaries with a far easier schedule, easier schedule, lower standard. Some can offer University. For a guy not going to make the NHL, the EIHL is an easy option. Culture/language is near enough the same. Good for families. The UK is an attractive option.

What league would you have 3rd behind NHL and KHL?
I would say maybe the Shl, very good league

jimmy snels

Still baffles me how much of a pull the EIHL has. Realistically I'd rank the AHL the 4th best ice hockey league in the world just ahead of Liiga, with the EIHL probably just outside the top 10. It's amazing how owners & organisations still manage to recruit to such a high standard.

* same language
* brilliant FREE schooling for family
* free health care
* paid accommodation
* degree/masters for player
* not freezing cold
* canadians can travel with relative ease. usa has got mad rules.
* see a country with real genuine history.
* cost of living is pretty good.
* travel limited to max (flying times) 2 hours, 1 night away. some AHL schedules put you on the road for days.
*can't be traded so you are where you are. with a family this is huge

Devil94

As someone mentioned players following Devils on Twitter. This player recently has.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/14856/nathan-perkovich

Was also with the Zagreb team that visited Cardiff. Also played with Linglet in Zagreb.

Players following Devils on Twitter sounds kinda meaningless, but it has proven to be correct on a few occasions. He is also a right winger, which is what we need. But another big forward with not a particularly high scoring history. Looking at the potential lines, is he what we need?

Last edited:

RedDevil17

As someone mentioned players following Devils on Twitter. This player recently has.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/14856/nathan-perkovich

Was also with the Zagreb team that visited Cardiff. Also played with Linglet in Zagreb.

Players following Devils on Twitter sounds kinda meaningless, but it has proven to be correct on a few occasions. He is also a right winger, which is what we need. But another big forward with not a particularly high scoring history, which I feel we do need perhaps, looking at the potential lines?
He also played alongside Brine for the Croatia national team I believe.

Devil94

Im just trying to think if Perkovic does sign, where would he fit in.

I suppose you could put him on the second line with Dixon and Linglet, or with Masi and Mcnamee, which would be a huge forward line. But then I suppose that leaves Haddad on the first line with Martin and Riley, which I wouldn't mind if Haddad is fit and firing, but can't see happening.

Not sure how he'll fit in, but lets wait and see if there's any truth behind the Twitter follow rumour first.

jimmy snels

his scoring record last year in ECHL was really good. my suspicion is he played a shut down role at the far higher KHL level. he's a big body but to play at KHL for that long you have to be able to skate really hard. id absolutely welcome a signing like this. when you think who he replaces in the line up at this point (benti -and in particular - ulmer or morrisette) there is no doubt he's a step up. notice he has been captain a number of times as well.

Pondlife

What I find strange is that with the exception of Schiestel & Hedden there have been no announcements by other teams signing former Devils. You'd think that if guys aren't re-signing their new team would be keen to announce it.

Temme

Does anyone know where we stand on Uni deals for next year & how many have already been used?

Assuming Benti is back, we would have 2 D men left to sign(?) Are we expecting both of these guys on Uni deals? Or will existing players take some? Or am i way off, i don't really keep track...

jimmy snels

What I find strange is that with the exception of Schiestel & Hedden there have been no announcements by other teams signing former Devils. You'd think that if guys aren't re-signing their new team would be keen to announce it.
ive been wondering if jake will take on another role such as assistant coach but you'd think that would be done already in news to give him a send off?

Ocko

ive been wondering if jake will take on another role such as assistant coach but you'd think that would be done already in news to give him a send off?
My gut feeling is that he will be the spare and also assistant coach with his signing still to come. If he was retiring completely or not signed there would be a press release long ago I would think.

OJLloyd

Have I missed something re Rutkis?

Because he’s in the Peacocks advert, he’s currently doing some pre-pre-season workouts with the rest of the lads. Has he re-signed and I missed it?!

Or this a long winded way of announcing him?

jenks33

I see Brett Flemming has signed for an unknown team. Played with Marjamaki in the Czech Republic last year and played with Pope at 4 different clubs (Hershey, South Carolina, Reading and Bolzano). So you’d assume those two are pally. Not the biggest defenceman 5’11” but physical and has had a number of fights over the years. Could be a potential signing for us