Standing Area

terry hunt

In spite of my initial reservations it was awesome.I thought the team looked nervous the first period despite Block13 driving them on.
When the 2nd goal went in it looked like a huge weight fell off their shoulders and the supporters in 13 drove them on.
They looked unbeatable in the 3rd and just coasted the last 10mins.
Thanks to all in 13 for making a great evening.
We may need a Block at the other end now.

jimmy snels

thought the block 13 were fantastic. really enjoyed the chanting etc. might move there myself. great stuff.

couple of observations for me.
i do wonder if 11 might have been better to spread the noise to fans along side them? a few times it took a while to spread as they are pretty isolated.

the music being played over the clearly loud chanting was annoying. sometimes doing nothing is best when its rocking. just sit back and leave it roll.

Block 13 fans, if you are reading this, a massive thankyou for making my night an enjoyable one. Regardless of the potential outcome of the game, you sang your hearts out all the way through. It sent chills through me with the noise and the atmosphere and the flag waving.....I even had to laugh at the 2 men near the back of the block taking their shirts off and swinging them round their heads. The atmosphere you created was incredible, it spurred the guys on, and you gave the DJ a run for his money. I'm hopeful this will happen again and become a frequent event because it was amazing x

Loved block 13 tonight great atmosphere... but need to get a grip taking your tops off, don’t see anyone else in the league doing that and I’d like to keep my food down don’t wana see old fat bellies cheers

Last edited:

Swarley

thought the block 13 were fantastic. really enjoyed the chanting etc. might move there myself. great stuff.

couple of observations for me.
i do wonder if 11 might have been better to spread the noise to fans along side them? a few times it took a while to spread as they are pretty isolated.

the music being played over the clearly loud chanting was annoying. sometimes doing nothing is best when its rocking. just sit back and leave it roll.
I legit didn't hear the dj once tonight lol

Swarley

He did ruin a fair few chants tonight in the first period especially.

Learning curve.
Need sully back to full health, my only problem with the dj atm is he refuses to play Queens don't stop me now after we win a game, for some reason they always play the top gun theme and it just sucks the buzz out of the arena when it's played

JC23

Need sully back to full health, my only problem with the dj atm is he refuses to play Queens don't stop me now after we win a game, for some reason they always play the top gun theme and it just sucks the buzz out of the arena when it's played
There were a fair few questionable tracks tonight. You’re right though, the sooner @Paul Sullivan is back the better!

ASHIPP

Truly awesome performance by Block 13! You got the place rocking guys and completely transformed the joint last night - memories of the WNIR and BBT come flooding back. If you could put in a bottle what you brought to the atmosphere at the game last night, then every club in the league should have a designated loud area for fans to vent their passion!

Hope it is a permanent fixture....like someone else said, using block 11 ( a bigger block?) might be a good location. Blocks 10 and 11 are already quite vocal so the noise would spread quicker.

Swarley

Trying to find a negative from something that was absolutely brilliant?

Why not make a game, and find out, rather than seeing videos on twitter? Or better still, just get behind something that’s GREAT for the team.
This!!!

Seriously how can a devils fan be negative towards an absolute positive from last night, if weren't at the game you missed out and shouldn't really be passing judgement.

Devilsatw

Trying to find a negative from something that was absolutely brilliant?

Why not make a game, and find out, rather than seeing videos on twitter? Or better still, just get behind something that’s GREAT for the team.
Bloody hell all I said was I have seen a load of videos with that one song and your moaning at me?

It was obvious a standing block was going to be amazing and make the atmosphere better.

And I’m sorry I don’t waste time on challenge cup games. Playing all these home and away games just to qualify anyways.

Swarley

Bloody hell all I said was I have seen a load of videos with that one song and your moaning at me?

It was obvious a standing block was going to be amazing and make the atmosphere better.

And I’m sorry I don’t waste time on challenge cup games. Playing all these home and away games just to qualify anyways.
So your saying that watching the devils play at home is a waste of your time because it's a challenge cup?

How? You support the team through any games they play surely?

Pick and choose when you support and it's no wonder people jump down your throat about it you being negative.

JC23

If you notice, I was asking questions. These things (?) are called question marks.
There was no aggression or “having a go” involved.

But, you go ahead and pick and choose your games bud.

The rest of us will be jumping up and down cheering the boys on, night in night out in block 13...

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ...

Devilsatw

So your saying that watching the devils play at home is a waste of your time because it's a challenge cup?

How? You support the team through any games they play surely?

Pick and choose when you support and it's no wonder people jump down your throat about it you being negative.
Tell me why I would pay £18 for 6 home games in a group where we can finish bottom and still qualify?

What a waste of money.