20/21 Squad

august04

I think the British game is at risk of losing many better players/coaches to richer EU leagues who potentially have more lucrative tv and sponsorship deals - and with the revenues from tv etc., could possibly cope wth playing a large part of the season behind closed doors. I’m afraid the Freesports/Premier Sports deal isn’t going to secure the money for UK clubs to do that.

Last edited:
I do believe that Lord will leave, if not this season it will definitely be in the next 2/3 seasons. I do not, however, believe that he would go to a team of Innsbrucks’ calibre

voth26

Doesn't Lords contract have a clause saying if he stays for 2yrs he gets shares in the management team or in the Devil's?? I'm sure someone can correct me

Swarley

Doesn't Lords contract have a clause saying if he stays for 2yrs he gets shares in the management team or in the Devil's?? I'm sure someone can correct me
You're right, he has a really good offer here of being a share holder of the club, I can't see him wanting to ditch that, one because of the offer he's currently under and two I think he has a bit more integrity and respect for Todd and the others then to jump ship after the success he's managed so far.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #166
This is a rumour, and myself I don’t think Andrew will be going anywhere,he is probably toiling away at getting next seasons team signed, if indeed we have a season .

BostonBart22

Hoping he is staying at least one more season, all be it 20/21 or 20/22 but deep down he must know eihl may just be a very short season if any at all, giving the facts by scottish minister with venue restrictions as well, just cant see this season happening, unfortunatley i can see a few clubs going out of buisness , storm , stars, maybe clan , and hoping not blaze as planet ice own them as well as storm. all ifs and buts but a reality....hopefully I am wrong in all this, anyone else think i am on the right track..

pjj365

Hoping he is staying at least one more season, all be it 20/21 or 20/22 but deep down he must know eihl may just be a very short season if any at all, giving the facts by scottish minister with venue restrictions as well, just cant see this season happening, unfortunatley i can see a few clubs going out of buisness , storm , stars, maybe clan , and hoping not blaze as planet ice own them as well as storm. all ifs and buts but a reality....hopefully I am wrong in all this, anyone else think i am on the right track..
At my most pessimistic I share your views but go further. PI has so many rinks that will not be earning I wonder if they, let alone Blaze, will survive

Wannabe2

Thread starter #169
It’s a real lottery at the moment, and a situation that no one has the answers to, no one can say if there’s going to be a second phase of this horrific virus or not, hopefully the latter. We surely are in the hands of the Gods, maybe we could wait till the start of Nov at the latest, but who knows, it’s going to be very tough on some clubs, let’s hope they all survive. We can just keep everything crossed and hope, in the meantime stay safe.

RTfarty

I think the British game is at risk of losing many better players/coaches to richer EU leagues who potentially have more lucrative tv and sponsorship deals - and with the revenues from tv etc., could possibly cope wth playing a large part of the season behind closed doors. I’m afraid the Freesports/Premier Sports deal isn’t going to secure the money for UK clubs to do that.
Hard to disagree with this - could very well be a contingency plan for Lord and it wouldn't surprise me if every player from last season is looking at their options in other leagues given the likely possibility of a shortened/cancelled season.

terry hunt

I doubt this is true.Lord has a special multiyear deal.
The Devils would want big compensation for him to go.
having said that a team based in the Tyrol probably has big backers and they have a vacancy for a head coach.
They dont seem to have many players signed yet so Lord could start with a fairly clean slate.

You're right, he has a really good offer here of being a share holder of the club, I can't see him wanting to ditch that, one because of the offer he's currently under and two I think he has a bit more integrity and respect for Todd and the others then to jump ship after the success he's managed so far.
So you think he would stay in Cardiff just to become a shareholder rather than take up a post as head coach in a top European league? Deluded if that`s your thought process

They finished in last but one place (budget constraints?) In the Ebel, Lordo would have a challenge on his hands and I'm sure that our current team could do a number on them too, an exciting challenge but not quite the perfect job?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #174
There’s two ways at looking at this 1. ambition trying to coach as high a standard as you can with the extra earnings that may go with it with a possible gamble attached. 2. Security, good income, language, knowing the league.and owners that have total faith in you. It all boils down to the individual I suppose. Is it better the Devil you know, or the Devil you don’t. Stay safe everyone.

Sharks shop

Tickets

"WE WANT CONTINUITY"

After the big disappointment it is already before the new season. Haie chairman Günther Hanschitz gives an insight into his own emotional world, the plans for the future and the first reports of execution in the large interview. Trainers Rob Pallin, Mitch O'Keefe, John Lammers, Jan Lattner, Miha Zajc, Christof Krompf and Clemens Paulweber remain in Innsbruck.

Günther, every year you give a first conclusion shortly after the season. What is your summary this year ?
"Of course we are disappointed and not satisfied. We had difficult weeks, had to suffer a lot of defeats. We would have liked more but in some situations our hands were tied. From the beginning, our squad was not as deep as the top teams, The import players were almost always very good, but the biggest mistake in the end was surely the commitment of goalkeeper Scott Darling, which was the risk that coach Rob Pallin miscalculated in. The severe losses over many weeks also cost us many points, which was the intermediate round then very conciliatory. We also had the chance of the playoff, also thanks to the system. "

What lessons do you draw from this season, what changes will there be in the coming season?

"Basically, we want to focus on continuity and continue to work with this staff. Of course, we have to meet our budget targets, it will not be easy. But we have already laid a first foundation in the past few days, so our coaching team around coach Rob Pallin and Mitch O'Keefe will also be behind the gang next year. Both know the general conditions with us and know what possibilities the club has. They want to do their part in the coming year. We also have reports of enforcement with the players, so remain John Lammers, Miha Zajc, Jan Lattner, Christof Kromp and Clemens Paulweber continued in Innsbruck. With Captain Tyler Spurgeon we are on the right track. "

Are there any other team plans? Keyword new players or Austrians?

"Of course, we thought about it here. Our goal is still to bring in new players and to use them more. Cracks like Luis Ludin have given talent tests over and over again last season. I hope they will take another step next year as long as we can hold them. We also want to bring Tyrolean players back to the Inn within the league. We are already in talks here. I hope we can welcome one or the other with us again. "
However, the uncertain league situation makes further planning difficult. How do you react to these open points?

"There should be open issues in the coming weeks. If the worst-case scenario arises, we will lose up to EUR 400,000 next season as a result of Erste Bank's exit. That would of course be fatal and would raise many new hurdles. Me but hope that we don’t have to worry about these facts. In the meantime we want to do our homework and set up our team in the best possible way. We have interesting weeks ahead. "

All the more reason to say thank you to the loyal appendix and to take off your hat, right?

Absolutely. More loyalty is not an option and is very unusual these days. I would like to thank every single fan, patron, sponsor and sympathizer who remains loyal to us even in difficult days. I hope it stays that way in the future. We will reach for the ceiling again and try our best.

What can be possible for the sharks?

"It's difficult to say now that the new season is still a long way away. But the goal must always be the playoff."

CaldicotDevil

I doubt this is true.Lord has a special multiyear deal.
The Devils would want big compensation for him to go.
having said that a team based in the Tyrol probably has big backers and they have a vacancy for a head coach.
They dont seem to have many players signed yet so Lord could start with a fairly clean slate.
If there's no hockey next year they'll want to offload Lords wages to cut costs, so the compensation may not even be that high.

Still baffling to think we could potentially lose the Devils greatest coach because someone in China ate a bat.

moggy#9

If there's no hockey next year they'll want to offload Lords wages to cut costs, so the compensation may not even be that high.

Still baffling to think we could potentially lose the Devils greatest coach because someone in China ate a bat.
That might be the least of our concerns if hockey in the UK gets set back to the level it was in the early 80s.

tim78

Bring back the 80's ;)

With other teams signing players and no resigns announced it does feel like we might not have a coach to start the recruitment.
Worrying is who likely be taken from the team in suite.