One Ice Rink Re-Opens

Have Hope#35

That's all very well, but how many of them have been maintaining an ice sheet? Alternatively have they been reinstating that ahead of time. The situation in Wales it's obviously different, but given that there are only two rinks here it is a very specific area of business.
I would imagine quite a few in England were prepared for the re-opening 2weeks ago and if they weren't had started to get ready. I'd expect there to be the option to skate in England very soon!

Kevlar68

With ice pads the could be cut back to the sand base and left without power. It only used to take us 24 - 48 hours to get a new ice pad down ready for new season that's with hand painting sponsorship logos. It was tough going but did 6 hour shifts two teams of 4 and lived in the WNIR for 2 days.
So as soon as they say rinks can open here in Wales it can easily open within 4 days.

Gazr76

With ice pads the could be cut back to the sand base and left without power. It only used to take us 24 - 48 hours to get a new ice pad down ready for new season that's with hand painting sponsorship logos. It was tough going but did 6 hour shifts two teams of 4 and lived in the WNIR for 2 days.
So as soon as they say rinks can open here in Wales it can easily open within 4 days.
Out of interest , does IAW have a sand or concrete base?

Kevlar68

I remember running for hours up and down the length of the WNIR ice pad, 4 of us with the fire hose. Just constantly, as soon as got to the gates at far end we run back up to the score board end and started again. just hours of building up layers and then cutting back then building up again and cutting back, then paint logos on then build up the layers again.The saving grace was the back bar was still stocked up and curries from chippy lane.