Bownsy at Graz

Slartibartfast

I feel for Bownsy. The season before last he was incredible and set an extremely high standard for himself. Last season he dipped slightly below that very high standard but he is slated like he was awful when he wasn't.
He showed when playing for GB that he can play against the best and I think given time he will do great in Austria.

Rhyan48

In fairness very few people have slated Bownsy, the majority realise he was a key member of basically winning the league last season, making a cup final, and possibly a play off trophy. The majority of Devils fans don’t take to slagging their own off and never have.
Mate your doing my head in don’t just point the finger and so on if you got something to say then say it , I have never taken anything away from what he done at the club and for what he won here at Cardiff , and anything I say is nothing personal about him , last season I don’t think he had his best season and If he could of he would of been gone before last season , so again I’m not slagging him off and I have nothing against him he is a good netminder and has done the club good and I wish him all the best for his future never said any different , my views where from last season alone nothing else

voth26

Mate your doing my head in don’t just point the finger and so on if you got something to say then say it , I have never taken anything away from what he done at the club and for what he won here at Cardiff , and anything I say is nothing personal about him , last season I don’t think he had his best season and If he could of he would of been gone before last season , so again I’m not slagging him off and I have nothing against him he is a good netminder and has done the club good and I wish him all the best for his future never said any different , my views where from last season alone nothing else
Where in Wannabe2 post does he mention anyones name let alone yours?, think you need to chill mate.

Wannabe2

In fairness Rhyan is a nice guy, I have only met him once but he is a good guy and likeable. Mixed wires going on here somewhere im sure.

kingmo19.1

Forum paranoia at its finest !!!

Seems to be all guns out for Wannabe at the moment! On the back of being labelled ‘the boss’ now this!

Relax fellow forummers.

Wannabe2

No probs guys I have broad shoulders, just want to get on with everyone. This virus ain’t helping anyone it’s such a frustrating time at the moment, throw in no hockey and this bloody lockdown and it’s a recipe for being unbelievably cheesed off. Stay Safe.

Rhyan48

Forum paranoia at its finest !!!

Seems to be all guns out for Wannabe at the moment! On the back of being labelled ‘the boss’ now this!

Relax fellow forummers.
It’s not been paranoid but as a few stated once I made comments then I wanted to just put across exactly what I meant and there is nothing against wannabe he is a nice man like he said probably just wires crossing everywhere got nothing else to say about it all
But sorry wannabe if came across I was out of order

Wannabe2

Rhyan no sweat mate, look forward to having a beer with you when all this crap is done, we could certainly do with that, In the meantime stay safe and keep up your passion for our great club.

Kevlar68

Before anyone has a go, this is not a dig at bowns.

Genuine question......

What is the obsession with bowns at Graz?

He's no longer a devil, he may end up being a rival in CHL and we still have Devils players playing in other leagues but no one mentioning them and how they're getting on.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Genuine question......

He's no longer a devil, he may end up being a rival in CHL and we still have Devils players playing in other leagues but no one mentioning them and how they're getting on.
Maybe it’s just the curiosity factor - coupled with being a brit.

Also, all the other players (apart from Fournier) are out on Loan as opposed to having made permanent moves.

Kevlar68

Why aren't we curious of how a Devils loan player is getting on? Ritchie is a brit and as you say bowns is permanent move, no longer a Devils player and isn't coming back, the others are so why are we worried how he's playing and not our still signed players?

Last edited:

moggy#9

Thread starter #59

Genuine question......

As I started the thread, I'll take this. Simply put, of all the clubs players from the devils have gone to, Graz happened to offer a free stream of some of their pre season games. Added to the curiosity factor, and the fact that Graz seem a nice bunch, I'm learning German, so I want to see how much in can pick up from commentary. If someone can provide links to streams that other devils are involved in (the CHL should allow us a chance to watch Joey Martin), that'd be great. In the meantime I'll be following Graz, as well as (in more general terms) the Swiss and German leagues, as the internet presence they have make things a lot easier.

Kevlar68

Don't get me wrong, I understand the original post as Bowns was the first player to leave the club and interested to see how he got on but he's now a great player in the history of this great club and we have players we should be more interested in who are still our players.