Elite Series

Wannabe2

Well the streaming is bollocked, it hasn’t worked at all. Face off delayed till 1945, and now 1952 and it’s still a no no. Well played league what a load of t——-s.

Wannabe2

Well they can shove that shit, watching Liverpool now, it’s true this league can be shit at times. Thankfully didn’t pay for bundle, and won’t buy another game.

Imp

It (fairly predictably) fell over for the Steelers/Panthers game, on Day 1, on a Saturday evening, ...

Aside from being a bit surprised by the number that seem to have decided to sign up in the final 30 seconds before broadcast, it probably gives them all of the data that they need to ensure (fingers crossed) that it doesn’t happen again.

With all of these streaming platforms there is a good argument that you shouldn't sign-up until the system has had a massive crash because that’s what it generally takes to “calibrate the system”. Not surprised that it happened, but I wouldn't expect it to happen again either.

Punting it to YouTube was pretty smart in terms of just getting things moving. Perhaps took a little longer than was ideal, but at least someone had a worst case scenario back-up plan.

Little disappointing that Steelers Twitter was the fastest most reliable source of information once the wheels fell off, but the information wasn’t that hard to find. And they were reasonably quick with announcing that the game would be delayed until people could watch the stream.

... and we got to see 30 minutes of Ben Churchfield in goal for Steelers, which was a nice.

Wannabe2

Would love to see Storm win the whole thing, with Blaze 2nd, then Panthers 3rd. Would have watched them tonight but Liverpool v Real Madrid on at 8pm.

BostonBart22

Anyone know if bowns is playing today ?whistle is only named nettie . Tim Wallace interview yesterday seemed like a swipe at bowns..more or less saying bowns not right. ..

Wannabe2

Unfortunately there’s only one team in this series, and it ain’t Storm, and it ain’t Panthers, and it ain’t Blaze, don’t know who it is but it’s the other shower. Without us there to show the way, they are having the times of their lives. So enjoy it while you can until the real business starts.

terry hunt

Judging by the comments by Wallace and Aaron Fox last night Bowns came good big time yesterday.

We should know never write Bowns off in the big games.

august04 2.0

Judging by the comments by Wallace and Aaron Fox last night Bowns came good big time yesterday.

We should know never write Bowns off in the big games.
All well and good, but you need consistency from your goaltender too and I think that was lacking in his final year with us and at Graz. It will be very interesting to see where Bowns plays next season. Personally, I appreciate everything he did for the Devils and he was great for us at times but I believe his unrelenting game-time started to catch up with him. I would only want this return to the Devils if he was in tandem with a NM partner who is at least his equal in net, who he can compete with for game-time - but for me anyway, he’s not the man to take 90% of starts anymore, as he did as a Devil for years. But with the standard of the EIHL as it was pre-pandemic and our continuing participation in the CHL (which will need to maintain that level of play if we don’t want to embarrass ourselves), no netminder should be burdened with that sole responsibility anyway. It’s too much for anyone to sustain long term - you need two decent goalies who the coach can trust to put in at any time and as much I liked Murdy in net, Lord never did that.

moggy#9

All well and good, but you need consistency from your goaltender too and I think that was lacking in his final year with us and at Graz. It will be very interesting to see where Bowns plays next season. Personally, I appreciate everything he did for the Devils and he was great for us at times but I believe his unrelenting game-time started to catch up with him. I would only want this return to the Devils if he was in tandem with a NM partner who is at least his equal in net, who he can compete with for game-time - but for me anyway, he’s not the man to take 90% of starts anymore, as he did as a Devil for years. But with the standard of the EIHL as it was pre-pandemic and our continuing participation in the CHL (which will need to maintain that level of play if we don’t want to embarrass ourselves), no netminder should be burdened with that sole responsibility anyway. It’s too much for anyone to sustain long term - you need two decent goalies who the coach can trust to put in at any time and as much I liked Murdy in net, Lord never did that.
I thought that the swamp rabbits goalie might be an interesting acquisition, but now he's been called up to the ahl that seems unlikely. I long for a Lyle/herlofsky level partnership.