Increased activity outside IAW …..

terry hunt

I dont think it is a coincidence that TK was not at the summit he must be working his tail off.
I suggest that the politicians will give some early warning to TK regarding lifting restrictions.
A certain amount of confidentially is needed to avoid the media hysteria that meets every announcement.
In my opinion slagging them off does no good so best to shut up and trust our ownership group.They have proved beyond doubt to me that they are very professional and canny.
I hope the Phillips/Ragan era has gone forever.

moggy#9

I assumed it was because of Covid travel restrictions?
Well, I think there's still self isolation rules for Canada, but also he must have lots to sort out. Dealing with the assembly, sorting out sponsors, getting the rink sorted out, finalising fixtures... All of this stuff will need to be done, probably with very little support at the moment.

Last edited:

Devil94

No Skalde hasn't been to Cardiff yet. I would imagine quite soon though, maybe Steve could enlighten us as to when. At the moment he would need to isolate for 10 days on arrival.

Diafol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57822816

"Mr Drakeford's cabinet will make the final decision on Wednesday morning, with a statement to the Welsh Parliament expected that afternoon.

He is expected to confirm whether Wales can now move to "alert level one" - with the easing of some restrictions that had been delayed because of the Delta variant.

They included the reopening of ice rinks and allowing six people from any household to meet in private homes.

He is also expected to publish an updated coronavirus control plan which will set out a future alert level zero, with fewer legal restrictions."

mjh

Yep. Fingers crossed for step 1- open the place. Step 2 will be allowing capacity crowds in. If we can get both confirmed today, I'll sing Mr Drakeford a little song and take him out for a drink.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #453
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57822816

"Mr Drakeford's cabinet will make the final decision on Wednesday morning, with a statement to the Welsh Parliament expected that afternoon.

He is expected to confirm whether Wales can now move to "alert level one" - with the easing of some restrictions that had been delayed because of the Delta variant.

They included the reopening of ice rinks and allowing six people from any household to meet in private homes.

He is also expected to publish an updated coronavirus control plan which will set out a future alert level zero, with fewer legal restrictions."
Just in the nick of time!

Kevlar68

I would think if they give the go ahead for the rink to open for skating in todays briefing that we can still wait another 4 weeks until they say its ok for full capacity to indoor events which would be fine as first home game is 26th Aug, which would also give 2 weeks for ticket sales.
So I'm looking at 11th Aug for indoor events announcement, if it's before that even better.

Last edited:

matbur

I would be very surprised if he would confirm capacity crowds for indoor venues today.
Hopefully we will get confirmation that IAW will be allowed to open and that pending no increase in hospitalisations/deaths they will allow an increase to indoor capacities next month.
Agree, I think this is a realistic way to look at it. As I said at the very start of all this, restrictions in a packed indoor arena will be among the very last restrictions to be removed.