2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Ocko

O’Connor would be a great signing. He’s still a top D man in the EIHL.

Would mean that our import net minding tandem could both dress every game. Unless we carry a spare import (but I don’t want think we will).

jenks33

Thread starter #322
Why didn’t O’Connor play in the Elite Series? He played for the Steeldogs instead didn’t he? Even if the Steelers didn’t want him then surely one of the other teams did. Or do I remember reading somewhere that he made himself unavailable?

RedDevil17

I’d welcome O’Connor in a heartbeat. One of the best brits out there and a decent defenseman at that. With Fourns gone he’s a perfect replacement…left handed offensive defenceman with a bullet shot who’s a decent skater.

For me it all depends on the cost, O’Connor was rumoured to be on a very tidy wedge at Sheffield.
TK knows the budget he has to work with and I have complete confidence that he knows how to balance that budget.

Wannabe2

I see Dundee have signed a meathead. Must be going for the entertainment factor this year.
I think every team will sign a fighter this coming season, the clubs need the extra entertainment after being away for so long. Storm have Gagnon, Devils have Louise +, Stars have Haas, Steelers will defo sign one as will Giants, and I believe the others will follow suit. No club will want to be pushed around so it’s looking good I reckon on the physical front.

Wannabe2

She is a real animal mate, you should see the nails on her, she has been a healthy SCRATCH on most teams , and when it comes to pulling hair they call her the ripper. Look out boys the Bitch is back in town.

jenks33

Thread starter #339
Anybody got any rumours or hunches on who might be our final signings? I’m convinced Haddad will be back but my gut feeling says Ben O’Connor won’t be a Devil. Apart from that I haven’t seen much on social media recently that’s made me think that a particular player might be signing for us.

A player that I hope does sign for us either this season or in the future is Brandon Hawkins. He played a few games for Wilkes-Barre when Skalde was the assistant coach there and he does follow the Devils on social media. I don’t think that was a recent thing though so he may have had a friend on an old devils roster. He won the Kelly cup this season with Fort Wayne and he was voted the team MVP. He’s a goalscorer and has a rocket of a shot for a fairly small guy. Probably nothing in it but I’d love him to be a Devil one day
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/101957/brandon-hawkins

osh

Wannabe2. Posted the following last Friday, still waiting for you to answer and substantiate your comments.

Wannabe2
This organisation only has to do what it is doing, forget the 1 in a thousand, if you dont you have problem, for every 1 that has a mental diffiferency, there is 1000 that is big time happy with what’s happening. Please don’t focus on the moronic few, they will always be wandering in the abyss, focus on the folk that are you, me , them, and us.

Osh ; surely you aren’t suggesting that those - such as myself - who have simply stated that they are not too impressed with the signings this far are “morons with mental deficiencies who will always be wandering in the abyss”. Perhaps I have misread who your statement is aimed at, and if you don’t mind me saying your description is way over the top.

Wannabe, both myself - and I feel Ejercito Rojas - would hope you have had the time to analyse your comment made regarding ‘The moronic few, wandering in the abyss etc etc’ which seemed to be aimed at those not agreeing with your way of thinking or simply not being that impressed with our signing up to date. Can you please explain exactly what you meant ? Am I one of the Moronic few in your opinion for disagreeing with you ? I repeat that I felt your comment was way over the top, inappropriate and far from the word you like to mention so often i.e ‘classy’ !